Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would Ya?

2»

Comments

• Options
    no from me!
  • Options
    Not a chance. Chavvy little bitch.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

17!!! F*ck me, she's had a tough life.

not easy being a police liaison officer.

ask nla.
    Laughing!

• Options

17!!! F*ck me, she's had a tough life.

Lol!

Does make me wonder what real authority a 17 year old has for such a role.

She gets 15k a year for it as well, not bad!
  • Options
    Defo looks older. Would be a no from me tho, even after a beer!
  • Options
    a very rare no from me
  • Options
    Paris? .. looks more like the Bronx .. on a wet day
  • Options
    who is she ?
  • Options
    I really don't get those rectangular eyebrows girls seem to love at the moment.
  • Options

This is why people shouldn't be allowed to vote for positions like this.

It's a glorified popularity contest and not a vote by experts for the best candidate.

No-one voted for her, Ann Barnes is the elected police commissioner for Kent, this girl was appointed by her to be the adviser/voice of Kent youth for which she's being paid £15k a year.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only 'cos Nathan couldn't afford the bus fare for the interview.
  • Options

like an even uglier Adele

lol! Excellent.
  • Options
    It just wont go away
  • Options
    shine166 said:

who is she ?

Britain's first Youth Police and Crime Commissioner.

Soon to be Britain's first ex-Youth Police and Crime Commissioner, as she posted a lot of rubbish on Twitter between the ages of 14 and 16.

I actually feel a bit sorry for her, because if we start to hold being a twat at 14 against people, a lot of us are in trouble.

That said, I suspect she's still a bit of one.
  • Options

Paris Brown quits as youth crime commissioner

Britain's first youth crime commissioner today said she was "truly sorry for any offence" caused as she stood down from her role following messages she wrote on Twitter.

Paris Brown, 17, from Sheerness, Kent, was appointed to the £15,000-a-year post only last week.

Speaking at a press conference in Maidstone, Kent, Miss Brown said she had "taken the decision to decline the offer of the position" as she felt recent media attention would affect her ability to carry out the job.

She added: "I am truly sorry for any offence I have caused."

Miss Brown continued: "I have made the decision to decline the offer of the position of Kent youth police and crime commissioner.

"I have made this decision after a great deal of thought and consultation with my family.

"As I made clear over the weekend, I accept that I have made comments on social networking sites which have offended many people. I am really sorry for any offence caused.

"I strongly reiterate that I am not racist or homophobic. I have fallen into the trap of behaving with bravado on social networking sites. I hope this may stand as a learning experience for many other young people.

"I now feel that in the interests of everyone concerned, in particular the young people of Kent who I feel will benefit enormously from the role of a youth commissioner, that I should stand down as I feel that the recent media furore will continue and hamper my ability to perform the job to the level required.

"I would like to thank those people who have sent messages of support and understanding.

"I wish the commissioner, Kent Police and the person eventually appointed to this role every success.

"Finally, I ask for the time and space to recover from what has been a very difficult time and to allow me to move on."

Kent Police and Crime Commissioner Ann Barnes said: "It is a very, very sad day."

Miss Brown was "an extraordinary young person with exceptional skills and a proven track record with working with young people" who has "turned down the position of a lifetime", according to Mrs Barnes.

"I was not recruiting an angel. I was not recruiting a police officer. I was recruiting a young person, warts and all," she said.

"It is personally sad for Paris and her family. An enthusiastic young woman with exceptional skills and a proven track record in working with young people has ended up in a position where she has turned down the job of a lifetime for her.

"At this early stage in my comments, I would like to say that Paris and her family have requested to be here today. That in itself shows the degree of her moral courage in facing up to the circumstances of the last few days and is a reflection on her true character."

Kent Police is investigating the apparently violent, anti-gay and racist social media messages written by Miss Brown between the ages of 14 and 16.

The force said complaints have been made and that it was making inquiries before deciding whether any offences were committed.

Miss Brown has denied being homophobic, racist or violent, and has since deleted the tweets.

Mrs Barnes came to the teenager's defence, stressing that her recruitment to the position was not a gimmick.

Mrs Barnes, 67, who was to pay £5,000 of Miss Brown's salary from her own pay, previously said she does not condone the nature of the Twitter messages but asked for some perspective given Miss Brown's age.

The teenager was one of 164 applicants for the job, intended to provide young people's views on policing, and she was the best one and a "confident and articulate woman", she said.

The teenager's personal Twitter account was not vetted before the recruitment, Mrs Barnes admitted.