Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Avocado

2»

Comments

• Options
    A proper club sandwich should contain avocado.
  • Options
    delroofer said:

A proper club sandwich should contain avocado.

Are you insinuating we are not a proper club?
  • Options
    love em, bit of lemon stops them going brown
  • Options
    shine166 said:

But what about avocados?

• Options

shine166 said:

But what about avocados?

ah, wrong thread :)
  • Options
    Lovely with tomato, mozzarella, basil and a bit of french dressing yum, yum!
  • Options
    Love 'em. Feel really energised after eating them.
  • Options
    Love 'em. Bermudian avocado's are much bigger as well.
  • Options
    We still call them Avocado Pears too.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Chunes said:

Love them. Mexican avocados
    just came into season and we got our first delivery today. They are awesome.

The secret to guacamole is very finely chopped red onion, diced fresh jalapeño peppers (half with seeds half without), lime juice and salt. Bobs your uncle. Never had the problem of it going brown, lime juice will stop that.

I'd recommend adding some apple or radishes. Also puréeing smoked jalepeno and putting a spoon top. Winners.

Interesting, are you an importer or work for a retailer/market mate? Excuse the Inquisition' part of the blood!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spanish said:

Chunes said:

The secret to guacamole is very finely chopped red onion, diced fresh jalapeño peppers (half with seeds half without), lime juice and salt. Bobs your uncle. Never had the problem of it going brown, lime juice will stop that.

I'd recommend adding some apple or radishes. Also puréeing smoked jalepeno and putting a spoon top. Winners.

Interesting, are you an importer or work for a retailer/market mate? Excuse the Inquisition' part of the blood!
    He sounds like a top chef or one of those international food writers to me
  • Options
    Love em.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Chunes said:

Just a chef. Definitely not a top chef. But lucky enough to work for one.
  • Options
    Serious question Chunes. How can I cook a fail proof duck breast ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Little bit of oil in the pan, get it hot, then put your duck breast in skin side down. Cook it til the fat has rendered.

Then flip the breast over to the other side and immediately take the pan off the heat. Leave the breast there for about 15-20 minutes or preferably til it's close to room temperature and it'll be perfect every time.