Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kate Bush - CBE

2»

Comments

• Options
    I knew her when I was about 13 or 14, her Dad's house was in Wickham St and a place I worked in as a Saturday/school holidays boy backed onto her garden. I used to climb up on the wall and talk to her as she fed her rabbit. Nice girl, quite shy and this was way before she was famous for Wuthering Heights...also bumped into her at a studio in Catford about 77 as she was coming out, she had been recording a demo (dont know what). Chatted for 5-10 mins and that was the last I saw of her.
  • Options
    Is feeding the rabbit like feeding the horse Tel 8)
  • Options
    Very tasty in her day, had a big poster of her on the bedroom wall. She hasn't been running up that hill for a while looking at her now.
  • Options
    Im sure a few of you have filled out as well... you only have to take a flipping look around the Valley to see that.
    So rude some of you.

• Options

I've seen a few people lose it in the studio, but she set a new standard (Greenwich Video) Always agreed on the mouth thing
    though :)

wots the mouth thing maybe_baby?

• Options
    Dont
  • Options
    From what I know of Kate, she just does not regard herself as a pop star, I do not think she ever wanted to become that, even from the days of Gilmour, she was rather shy, and hated the 'pin up' side of it that the record companies wanted to promote?. I think her albums are up there with any UK female, and the videos were excellent as well. There was a campaign to get Kate to speak to her fans on Radio 2 about 7 years ago, but she was very negative, I think it was Mark Radclife who had to persuade her. see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2IIkcKdl38, and did he try?
    I do remember speaking to him about it, he is a very big fan of the woman/her music etc., and shall we say it was a struggle?. Cannot see her performing live ever again, which I think is tragic.
    Good documentary in there somewhere?.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Rodders then

Rodders now

Ha ha more like it mate
  • Options

Is feeding the rabbit like feeding the horse Tel 8)

We were both young sweet and innocent mate :)

• Options

I think her albums are up there with any UK female

Personally I think she's the best female solo artist this country has ever produced and by some margin as well.
    Her last 3 albums have been crap though imo....ok The Directors Cut thing has its moments but it's not new material....but I think she can be excused for simply running out of ideas. Her first 7 albums are fantastic pieces of work and easily put her at the top of the tree for me.

Even on a global level i'm struggling to think of serious female solo musicians that could rival her standing tbh. Yeah the glory days are well and truly over but she's clearly enjoying being `comfortable' so good luck to her. She's earnt her position...

....and besides all that, how f******** fit was she back in the day eh! Just stunning to look at and with talent to burn. The very Best of British is our Kate.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    http://youtu.be/GPB4GM-WwwY

This is one of my favourite songs by Kate. It was never released as a single in this country, though, possibly because the second half of this video really does your head in!
  • Options
    Great song but if you turn the sound down from the part where the 3 women are kneeling it's a bit like watching 3 washing machines come to the end of their cycle at a laundromat!
    Just saying like....
  • Options

I think her albums are up there with any UK female

Personally I think she's the best female solo artist this country has ever produced and by some margin as well.
    Her last 3 albums have been crap though imo....ok The Directors Cut thing has its moments but it's not new material....but I think she can be excused for simply running out of ideas. Her first 7 albums are fantastic pieces of work and easily put her at the top of the tree for me.

Even on a global level i'm struggling to think of serious female solo musicians that could rival her standing tbh. Yeah the glory days are well and truly over but she's clearly enjoying being `comfortable' so good luck to her. She's earnt her position...

....and besides all that, how f******** fit was she back in the day eh! Just stunning to look at and with talent to burn. The very Best of British is our Kate.

Have to agree - she's probably the best female singer/songwriter we've ever produced. Ken Bruce interviewed her last year for radio two.
    She obviously shuns stardom, which adds to her appeal (in my opinion).
    Internationally you'd have to compare her to Carol King for quality songwriting.
  • Options
    Spot on.
  • Options
    Just bought "50 words for snow".....brilliant!
  • Options
    My all time favourite female singer / songwriter. Just love her.
  • Options
    TBF there's loads of artists who don't tour, for all sorts of reasons (XTC stopped touring cos Andy Partridge developed stage fright).
    I had mates at school who saw her live when she did (79?) but it never occurred to me I'd miss that chance. I've enjoyed her last couple of albums and I'd agree they're not instantly accessible pop music, but if you want that, you wouldn't listen to Kate Bush, it's like listening to 70s disco and complaining the lyrics aren't very meaningful.
  • Options

I've seen a few people lose it in the studio, but she set a new standard (Greenwich Video) Always agreed on the mouth thing
    though :)

wots the mouth thing maybe_baby?

You know full well what I'm talking about :)