Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Interesting occurance tonight

Yeovil v Oldham

Gary Johnson and Lee Johnson line up against each other on the bench.

Have a father and son ever managed against each other before ?

Comments

• Options
    Clough junior was still playing when ol' big 'ead left Forest, wasn't he? Pretty sure Ferguson has never managed against his son, can't think of many others. This game
    means something to both teams as well - playoffs for Yeovil, avoiding the drop for Oldham.
  • Options
    This was brought up on the radio last week .. The Dodgins .. way back when .. the 1970s I recall ?
  • Options

Yes. Read an article yesterday about this, can't remember the father and son, but the answer to your question is yes. It is was in the 60's.
  • Options
    Have a father and son ever managed against each other before ?

Apparently Bill Dodgins Snr lined up against Bill Dodgins Jnr four times when they managed Bristol Rovers and Fulham.
  • Options
    saw a good interview on SSN when the son said 'well mum will want us to win otherwise i wont let her see her grandchild and i've got that on both of them !'
  • Options
    I could've sworn the fergusons had... got that wrong then
  • Options
    Slightly off topic but Eidur Gudjonnsen came on as a sub for Iceland and replaced his Dad.
  • Options

Clough junior was still playing when ol' big 'ead left Forest, wasn't he? Pretty sure Ferguson has never managed against his son, can't think of many others. This game
    means something to both teams as well - playoffs for Yeovil, avoiding the drop for Oldham.

Nigel left Forest at the end of the 1992-1993 season when Forest were relegated, and Brian retired, so no they never played/managed against each other.
    Watched Yeovil on Saturday weirdly, not a bad team, will struggle though if they do get promoted.
  • Options
    i think alan ball junior managed blackpool against alan ball senior who was managing preston or was it halifax
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about Javed Me and Dad?
  • Options
    1 nil to the son