Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any musicians on Charlton Life?

Just looking to see how many play instruments or do something involved with music. Any interesting stories?

Myself, I play guitar and sing (write songs) then the odd bit of piano, ukulele and bass,

Comments

• Options
    @plaaayer is a singer/songwriter I believe
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Guitar, banjo, Irish bouzouki, ukelele, lap steel, mouth organ and sing and write songs. I also cook, do the washing up, drive the car and decorate.
    Would anyone like to marry me?
  • Options
    A woman once mistook me for Jon Bon Jovi - a long while ago now! It was hells own job keeping the American accent going all night!
    (I can play the trumpet and piano!)
  • Options
    mouth organ eh?
  • Options
    arse trumpet and jazz flute
  • Options
    Electric guitar, about ten years. Couple of short stints in bands when I was younger, nothing serious. Mostly play hard rock, heavy metal etc.
  • Options
    I think there are one or two on here.
    I play guitar, sing, write, play in a couple of bands, just finished my solo stuff, its taken 16 months from start to finish.
    After a crap day at work there's nothing like playing some blues or such like to relax, that and a bottle of JD.
  • Options
    Drummer, me. Well, I try to be, anyway.
  • Options
    I play the trumbone

Oompah, oompah, oompah pah, oompah pah, oompah pah
  • Options
    I don't really
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I play the piano

Pia, pia, piano........
  • Options
    Greenie is probaly the man on Guitar but I manfully play a bit as well. As Greenie says nothing like a bit of blues after a bad day.
  • Options

I play the piano

Pia, pia, piano........

This is gonna run and run.........

Oi Afka 'What can you play'?
  • Options

Just looking to see how many play instruments or do something involved with music. Any interesting stories?

Myself, I play guitar and sing (write songs) then the odd bit of piano, ukulele and bass,

Alright Glenn!

• Options
    I play guitar, bass, piano, and engineer/remix/produce. I'm shite at all of them though - just do it for my own enjoyment.
  • Options
    I used to play the flute to a reasonable standard. Probably couldn't even get a note out of it now.

Not much of a singer but am partial to a yodel up the canyon every now and then.
  • Options
    Drums.
  • Options
    I can play both Guitar and bass.
  • Options
    I have got a beautiful singing voice.

FECK OFF, I HAVE!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I think there are one or two on here.
    I play guitar, sing, write, play in a couple of bands, just finished my solo stuff, its taken 16 months from start to finish.
    After a crap day at work there's nothing like playing some blues or such like to relax, that and a bottle of JD.

Would love to hear some of your stuff mate.

If anyone has anything to show then put it up,like finding new music.

I'm currently recording a solo EP, it's been stop and start but with a few gigs including with Van Susans and playing at the Purple Turtle in Camden. A gig what had snow come down 2 hours before set to sound check and having to change to an acoustic set that they as my old drummers grandad went into hospital.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I play the trumbone

Oompah, oompah, oompah pah, oompah pah, oompah pah

Shouldn't that be "oompah loompah oompah lah
  • Options
    Piano (first study) and sing. I'm studying music at Bristol Uni, so I do all sorts there, including their Chamber Choir and I'm the pianist in BUJO (Bristol University Jazz Orchestra) - the second-string big band. I'm also in a indie rock band, we just had a gig at The Water Rats in King's Cross last night. http://runsierra.bandcamp.com if you're interested. Also sort of play ukulele but that's just for fun.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I play guitar, bass, piano, and engineer/remix/produce. I'm shite at all of them though - just do it for my own enjoyment.

Ditto...but surprisingly there are enough tone deaf people out there that still pay me for my services. I hate studio work with a passion, but that's where the money is.

ps. Written a few hundred songs, three musicals (only one staged though) although most of my songs are pretty crap, I've managed to get rid of a few as charity CD's...sell a few original CD's at gigs though.

pps. Play in a country rock band with my gf.

ppps. I sing pretty good for an old man.
  • Options
    According to the Inland Revenue I am good on the fiddle.
  • Options
    Play guitar.
    I'm big down under.
  • Options
    I play a bit of guitar, bass and piano. Only for fun these days.

My mate and I play a game called the 30 minute challenge where you turn the radio on and the first song you hear you have to learn, record and mix within the time limit. It's a laugh and makes for some interesting results.

If anyone wants to give it a go and post it here it could be fun.
  • Options
    I used to be blinding on that Rolf Harris xylaphone thing when I was younger, til the batteries run out
  • Options
    Bassist & drummer (don't have a drum kit though)
  • Options
    Play guitar in a band which meets occasionally. I am it's leader and I am fcuk-useless at getting us gigs.

Also I can be found most Wednesday nights at the Vigo Inn Blues Jam. The venue is on the A227. Would be great to see all Lifer musicians there one of these Wednesday nights!

youtube.com/vigobluesjam
  • Options
    I play wind.