Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If only........

The Board had faith in SCP and backed him up both in the Summer and January with the well publicised list of players he wanted to bring in.

A couple of million would have got us two or three strong signings for this year and without doubt turned a couple of draws into wins and a couple of defeats into draws. So many games have been really close and that bit extra could have seen us over the line.

The "£1m a month" would have repaid itself a dozen times over. So close and yet so far.

For the want of a nail............

Comments

• Options
    Alluded to this in another thread, seems like an opportunity missed what with Southampton and Norwich going straight up with backing
  • Options
    I'd love to know which players CP was really after and how they've got on this season. Apologies if it's been discussed elsewhere but I would find that interesting.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    But what if we just didn't simply have the money ?
  • Options

I'd love to know which players CP was really after and how they've got on this season. Apologies if it's been discussed elsewhere but I would find that interesting.

This.
  • Options

Sone aluko was a well publicised one who went to hull and been fantastic. But we've got Harriott now so who cares
  • Options
    Baldock, Shackell, Gower are those I remember. Allegedly.
  • Options
    Simple really. No money. It wasn't a lack of will to get players in it was lack of money. Unless new investment is found it will be more of the same next season.
  • Options
    ......Andy Hughes had been fit earlier in the season.
  • Options

Stephen Quinn, Alan Judge
  • Options
    If my aunt had whiskers.......she'd look f*****g stupid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And if pigs could fly, there'd be pork shit in the sky.
  • Options

Stephen Quinn, Alan Judge
    Yep & Wordsworth.
  • Options
    Darren O'Dea I believe too. Absolutely goes to show what a few hundred thousand plus wages, ie Quinn and Wordsworth, will do for you
  • Options
    Easy to say when it's not our money and we don't have full info on what the situation is behind the scenes. As seen plenty of times investment isn't a guarantee and the consequences of us spending money we haven't got and it not working out doesn't bare thinking about.
    All if's and but's and hindsight.
  • Options
    Shoulda woulda coulda... we spent what we could spend.
  • Options
    If We had got Aluko and Quinn as many people claimed we were interested in it would've strenghtened our squad massively, look where they both are now ... Oh well I still think promotion could've done more harm than good
  • Options
    If only we had managed to draw all four local derbies, palace wouldn't still be in a play off spot and by 5pm Saturday we might be. Oh and Millwall would be two poins closer to League One. If only.
  • Options
    Whilst Palace deserved the 3 points at the Valley, BWP scored a perfectly good goal which would have made it 1-0 (The lino apologised for wrongly giving offside) - I think we would have won or at least drawn that otherwise. At Sellout we killed them and should have been 3-0 up at half time. Architects of our own downfall second half, but 2-0 and we would have won that game comfortably - we were so superior to them. Millwall away, defended well but they probably deserved a win and at home we were th ebetter side and should have been a goal up 30 seconds before they got their first with their first shot on target.

What I am saying is we haven't really got the breaks in those games. With even luck we could easily have gained 9 points instead of the 1.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    And how much easier would it be to sell the Club now if we had those extra eight points?

If they are here to sell on, then they've made a massive mistake by not taking that extra step.
  • Options
    Baldock was definitely a target. Gave up waiting on us though when the money went west with Kevin Cash.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Baldock has hardly been a shining success for relegated Bristol. Shackell plays for Burnley who are below us in the table.

It's not always obvious which signings will benefit you, maybe Aluko wouldn't have fitted into our system, for example.
  • Options
    If only......

The games against Birmingham had finished at 90 mins
  • Options
    Not having faith with Evina after wiggins injury.
  • Options
    Bham games stand out the most for me

As 4 points dropped
  • Options
    If ifs and ands where pots and pans there would be plenty of work for tinkers.

Every other club could say the same, a bit more spending, a little more luck, a few fewer injuries and they would have done better.

• Options
    Every silver lining has a cloud.

Just knew this sort of thread would pop up eventually.
  • Options
    If only apple decided they wanted a London football club to spend some of its money on!

This season has been great, hopefully we won't be wondering about ifs next year and actually push on higher up the table.
  • Options
    We need at least one more season at this level IMO
  • Options
    It's not about us going up - we're not ready.

If the current owners are really trying to flog the Club then their position would be much stronger if we had a few more points in the bag.
  • Options
    We've so outperformed this season it's been brilliant (if we finish above the scum)

i'll have a bet with anyone we get more home and less away points next season