Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another explosion in USA

1 mile from wako (spelling sorry)

On the eve of the 20th anniversary I hope it's not related and is an accident at the fertiliser plant

But 70 feared dead

Comments

• Options
    Interesting that though it sounds like there are many more casualties then Boston it is not being reported in the media with any of the same intensity.
  • Options
    If it was a bomb then it was of a different magnitude to the one used in Boston.

But, in three days there has been a bomb in Boston, ricin has been sent to the President and now this...

• Options
    edited April 2013

If it was a bomb then it was of a different magnitude to the one used in Boston.

Not necessarily. In the right conditions fertiliser can be very explosive with only a small detonation.

• Options
    The Boston bomb was a crude device made from gunpowder packed into a pressure cooker with ball bearings, shrapnel etc and was designed to shred anyone standing nearby. I doubt that this (if it was a bomb) would have been constructed in the same way.
  • Options
    They have caught the nut who sent the ricine to Obama and a republican senitor
  • Options
    If its a chemical factory, with all the monitors (air, process etc) around the site they will know exactly what happened and what the likely cause was, these will be monitored on and off site.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There's some you tube footage of the actual explosion - it absolutely mind blowing.

youtube.com/watch?v=ROrpKx3aIjA&feature=youtu.be

i.imgur.com/l1hw5Sj.gif?1
  • Options
    They say that April in the US is a time when more things happen than any other time
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

There's some you tube footage of the actual explosion - it absolutely mind blowing.

Christ almighty, you almost think its only a fire...then booooom. Thats horrific.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Swisdom said:

Christ almighty, you almost think its only a fire...then booooom. Thats horrific.

The kid's voice towards the end made that video worse. Pure fear and panic. Horrifying situation for them. (Presumably the family were all fine afterwards, otherwise they wouldn't have uploaded the video.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tbh, I havnent heard the audio...
  • Options
    That's some explosion. If I assume firefighters were dealing with it then I doubt many would of survived that. Absolutely dreadful.
  • Options
    Wacko Waco has a history of bizarre events .. stuck out there in the middle of nowhere
  • Options
    Firefighters stopped attacking it for fear of another explosion.

The girls voice is weird - she's so so calm (shock I would guess) "Can we just get away from here please. I can't hear anything Dad. Please - just get us out of here."
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Watched the news this morning , they said the blast could be heard 45 miles away , 70 homes flattened , went off near a school thankfully it happened at night.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Swisdom said:

Firefighters stopped attacking it for fear of another explosion.

The girls voice is weird - she's so so calm (shock I would guess) "Can we just get away from here please. I can't hear anything Dad. Please - just get us out of here."

think it has something to do with their accents. quite a slow way of delievring a line.

the guy sounded a bit camp when he said "OH My God" at the end.
  • Options
    I work in the chemical industry so the magnitude of this does not surprise me. As someone said Fertiliser is highly explosive (it is the base material for a lot of improvised explosive devices especially in Afghanistan) and once you get a chain reaction there is nothing to stop it. Back in the late 1990's there was an explosion in a fireworks factory in Enschede in The Netherlands and I saw the after affects of that, whole blocks of houses completely destroyed. In that instance the firte brigade saw what was coming and evacuated the area and by a miracle nobody died but the explosion was heard in Germany 40km away.

Chemical plants are always vulnerable and fire is the greatest fear even with the best retardent systems once the fire gets hold you better start running.
  • Options

They have caught the nut who sent the ricine to Obama and a republican senitor

made it easy for the fbi that the idiot put his initials on the note...

• Options
    What an idiot that bloke is..... could have at least filmed it in landscape.