Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowls at Danson Park

I belong to Danson Park Bowls Clubs which has a men's and women's section. We are holding taster sessions for anyone who may be interested in taking this up as a pastime, now or maybe in the future. Just turn up from 17.30 - 20.00 on May 10th and/or 15th, 17th and 24th. All equipment supplied free, flat shoes required or borrow ours. It is a very friendly club which has summer fixtures on Saturdays and Sundays, a game in the week and internal and external competitions. Commitment levels are solely down to the player, there is no pressure.
Any questions can be answered on the day or alternatively contact the organiser Rod Marshall on 07899747715. The club is on the opposite side to the tennis courts. Cheers guys.

Comments

• Options
    Is there an age limit (i.e. over 80's only) ?

• Options
    i only bowl in high heels so I'm out.
  • Options
    I have no time, im to busy Train Spotting
  • Options

Is there an age limit (i.e. over 80's only) ?

Ha Ha. I knew I was going to cop it. For all you guys out there we have an under 25 girls team; in fact we have just recruited two of the girls from the Saturdays. Actually, neither of this is true as we could not cope with 10,000 new members!
    Yes, some of the players are over 80; however, we do do have a winch to haul them back up.
  • Options
    Bowls is a cracking game. Not as easy as it looks.
  • Options
    Who was that bloke who was the George best of bowels and got banned and wernt allowed to play internationally even though he was proper mustard but a bad boy
  • Options

Who was that bloke who was the George best of bowels and got banned and wernt allowed to play internationally even though he was proper mustard but a bad boy

This was the film:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackball_(film)

• Options
    I'll consider taking it up, when they let you bowl over arm :-)
  • Options
    I play an awful lot of bowls in Essex and I really love playing it. In the summer I will be playing competitive bowls most nights of the week.
    Also this is a coincidence but the person who taught me to play bowls is currently away on a bowls holiday in Turkey with members of Danson Park bowls club.

Best of luck with your recruitment drive.