Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Old programmes what you know now to how it was then

I was looking through some books and magazines unrelated to football earlier this evening when, in amongst them, I found a rogue Charlton programme from 13 years ago almost to the day.

It was Charlton Athletic v Huddersfield Tqwn played on Friday 14 April 2000 kick off 8pm.

Some poignant images and articles: a photo of a smiling Pierre Bolangi receiving the SLP/Mercury young player of the month award for February from sports editor Richard Cawley. Colin Cameron's column......"Powell's last league goal was for Derby County against Everton on September 13th, 1997. Since then he has played 107 League games without scoring and has, I understand, a special celebration already mapped out for when he breaks his Charlton duck. Don't keep us in suspense too long Chris!".......

..."Well done to CASC's title-winning quiz team in the Home Counties Football Quiz League Division Two. The champions-with a 100per cent record-are Ben Hayes, David Lack, Paul Harley, Martyn Freak, Janet Freak, Brian Freak, Ian Cartwright, Andy Meegan, Keith Furlong and Dave Clark."......

...." Up to 200 amateur players representing senior clubs across the country are to take part in an 11-a-side football tournament being staged by the members of Charlton Internet FC in memory of Addicks fan Jas Deol, who died of a heart attack in February age 18.".....

A profile of Scott Parker:....."It's every young player's dream to make their name in the Premiership and while I know it will be that bit more difficult for me to get a place, I still want that half a chance that I'll do my best to build on. Curbs is the sort of manager that slings you in there if he feels you're up to the job and that can only be good for me,"......

Hope I haven't bored you all too much!

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Nice one Len. I love looking back at old proggys sometimes.

Any idea of the score in that game?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Off_it said:

Nice one Len. I love looking back at old proggys sometimes.

Any idea of the score in that game?

No I didn't note it down and don't remember it off the top of my head.

EDIT: It's come back to me! We lost 1-0 so had to wait a bit longer to confirm promotion and the championship.
  • Options
    Blimey,I forgot about my name being in the programme....and i think i only played in one quiz league game that season :)
  • Options
    Certainly some freaks in that quiz team
  • Options
    Shag said:

Certainly some freaks in that quiz team

A typical quiz team then...........
  • Options
    pretty sure it was live on the box
  • Options
    1-0 to Huddersfield.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

...." Up to 200 amateur players representing senior clubs across the country are to take part in an 11-a-side football tournament being staged by the members of Charlton Internet FC in memory of Addicks fan Jas Deol, who died of a heart attack in February age 18.".....

@Oakster (and i think @Charlton_Charlie) did a brilliant job organising this tournament down at Coldharbour. We won our group consisting of Cambridge, Man City, and Palace, and I think we got knocked out in the semi's through an own goal or penalties, can't remember.

Raised a good bit of money for the British Heart Foundation.

We sadly had two young lads who played for CIFC die in quite a short space of time, Jas from a heart attack a few hours after playing for us at Coldharbour.

And also an Eltham squaddie called Chris Rayment who was serving out in Iraq.

One was 18 the other 22. So Sad.

RIP

• Options
    I watched the game on TV with my ex father in law....we were in Puerto Pollensia in Majorca....walked into town from Cala San Vicente....not just around the corner and what a dissapointing result.
  • Options

pretty sure it was live on the box

Clyde Wynard scored the winner if I remember correctly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Part of a golden period for fans - maybe we'll get that back next season- we have the manager and team to do it!
  • Options
    Isn't that the game a Huddersfield fan drew a cartoon of them scoring while we had a premature party - players in party hats etc?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Found it! Hope this works from my phone:

htfc-world.com/reports/Charlton2/charlton140400.htm