Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our Budget

I was a little concerned to hear SCP mention on Talksport that our budget was bottom six. Now I never thought it was a bulging wallet we had but that comment rings a few alarm bells. We are all hoping that we can build on this seasons success because that's what it has been but if our budget is that small my thoughts for next season have suddenly drifted away from a promotion push to thoughts of a relegation battle. It would seem that the five year plan which thus far has pushed all the right buttons might suddenly shudder to a halt. Without investment over and above "bottom six" there is little chance of us pushing on. Lets hope the investment truck drives around the corner pdq.

Comments

• Options
    Doesn't surprise me. As far as I knew from this board, and what seems common knowledge, we are broke. Every season is a relegation avoidance task until that changes. That's what makes this season all the more impressive.
  • Options
    The same Chris Powell who told us our budget was similar to Rochdale prior to going on a pretty hefty spending spree.

• Options
    Was the Rochdale comment after or before the Jenkinson sale? I think after.
  • Options

The same Chris Powell who told us our budget was similar to Rochdale prior to going on a pretty hefty spending spree.

This. He's always very shrewd with media and questions about our finances etc.
    The boards intentions for next year will become clear in the summer.

• Options
    No surprise. We are in a budget mini league that probably only includes us Peterboro Barnsley and Millwall. Makes where we are all the more impressive.
  • Options
    What happened after Chrissy likened our budget to Rochdales's. I think it is best to wait and see.
  • Options
    Makes me think that we can kiss goodbye to Solly.