Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford.

Just been watching Watford on TV and was thinking, should they not go up, what will happen to their legion of international loan players. I cant see many of them staying, so where does that leave them for next season? Are they going to be a one season wonder?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Why cant you see many of them staying? There mostly on loan from udinese and granada, who are owned by the same family as watford. Surely, if anything, they will be focusing on watford more so than them two with the riches of the premiership?
  • Options
    Because I would imagine that they are at Watford to get noticed and like most loan players, use loan moves to lower clubs as a stepping stone to the premier pr other top leagues!
  • Options
    And unless they actually permanently sign the players, they wont be able to sign re-sign many of them on loan? I think the Premier league has a loan cap?
  • Options
    I really hope they miss promotion both automatic and thru the play offs .. their manipulation of the loan regulations is wrong, wrong and wrong .. and for some reason I can't stand the sanctimonious little Zola .. he should stick to writing books in French
  • Options
    What manipulation? We could have as Many international loanees as we wanted too
  • Options
    I personally hope they do go up, got fed up of all the press comments of 'it will never work over here' etc. which almost felt a bit xenophobic towards foreign players. They play good football and yes they've found a loophole in the rules and made the most of it but that's good planning and would we really care if we were as high up as they are?

Udinese are a good club so I have no doubt that the owners have Watford's best interests at heart and they clearly love football as they also own Granada in La Liga so its good to see owners such as these rather than the Venkys, good luck t o Watford for the rest of the season!
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking that this loop-hole is closing at the end of the season?
  • Options
    I have heard their owners attention will turn to Watford if they do go up because of the money the premiership brings. My prediction is if they go up they will get stronger. Imo Vydra, Foressteri and Deeney are all prem quality.
  • Options
    I've got mixed feelings. I like Udinese, they're a club not much bigger than us that thrives by having the best scouting network in Europe. Zola is a hero. However they're cynically filthy. Calsetti's studs into Best's knee was just typical of the pointlessly nasty stuff that they get up to.
  • Options
    I really really don't like Watford.

I have always seen them as a team that were exceptionally similar to us, up until one of two seasons ago with all this nonsense going on. Now they were just a bunch of cheating tarts who are taking advantage of a loan system that is allowed because no one ever bothered to make a rule against it because it never crossed anyone's mind it would happen.

I would have loved to see them mess it all up this season. Outside of the obvious "I have to hate this team because they are nearby and have a different colour kit to me" rivalries, Watford are the team I hate the most.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I really hope they miss promotion both automatic and thru the play offs .. their manipulation of the loan regulations is wrong, wrong and wrong .. and for some reason I can't stand the sanctimonious little Zola .. he should stick to writing books in French

Why French?

;)

We've signed up your friend Forestieri and whilst I am sure the likes of Vydra will move on elsewhere I'd like to really nail down a couple of the loan players like Abdi.

If we go up we'll probably sign a few players on loan from English clubs like Chalobah and Briggs....

• Options
    Interesting situation arising at Watford. They're subject to a transfer embargo until 31 August so if they go up they won't be able to sign any players and will be left with only 14 contracted players. Will the authorities lift the embargo? If they don't, Watford could be the least competitive team in PL history. Wouldn't be surprised if they blow promotion this year. Watch this space...

Article
  • Options
    The owners will manipulate the embargo by signing their players through udinese or granada and then loan them to Watford. I don't think people should be allowed to own more than one club.............I'm sure it allows for dodgy financial dealings (selling players at inflated amounts etc)
  • Options

Why French?

;)

We've signed up your friend Forestieri and whilst I am sure the likes of Vydra will move on elsewhere I'd like to really nail down a couple of the loan players like Abdi.

If we go up we'll probably sign a few players on loan from English clubs like Chalobah and Briggs....

Emil Zola of j'accuse fame, renowned French author, renowned by the French that is
  • Options
    edited May 2013

The owners will manipulate the embargo by signing their players through udinese or granada and then loan them to Watford. I don't think people should be allowed to own more than one club.............I'm sure it allows for dodgy financial dealings (selling players at inflated amounts etc)

Not if we're limited on the loans as people expect will happen - and fair enough to an extent I have to say.

Although I wonder if it will just be restricted to 5 overseas players as with the domestic loan rules?

As for the transfer embargo - the Mail have got that article wrong as we are buy players with the approval of the FA.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11686/8575481/Watford-avoid-points-deduction-and-fine-but-are-placed-under-transfer-embargo

Yes I know it does sound like a cop-out from those in charge but then are we surprised - took them about 5 months to decide the punishment itself!

PS. Sorry Lincsaddick!

French authors isn't my thing!

• Options
    For purely selfish reasons I want Watford to stay down because its only 45 minutes from me. Having said that , if its a Palace v Watford play off final I shall be a Watford fan for the day.