Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How much did the promoted clubs spend?

With us currently 9th, Wendies 18th and Hudds 19th I wonder how much each club has spent on transfers since promoted from League One, I guess we have spent the least.

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2013
    Not quite sure how much on transfers but Charlton have the 5th lowest wage budget in the division - 8.87 million. Huddersfield and the Wednesday are marginally lower than Charlton. Peterborough have the lowest on 5.25 and Barnsley on 6.96 million. Wolves have a staggering wage budget of 38.5 million, third below Blackburn at 50 million and Bolton on 48.3 million.

http://www.wfc.net/finances.html

Huddersfield sold Jorden Rhodes and brought a few players in on the back of that, I remember the Wendies spending more than us (Operation Pig may be able to shed some light). The overall amount spent would be difficult to assess given the undisclosed figures, loan wages and actual announced transfer fee.

In terms of turnover, Charlton, Wendies and Huddersfield are of comparable size.

Charlton definitely punching above our weight in the division.
  • Options
    Not exactly! Those numbers are for audited accounts for 2011/12 when we were in League 1. Since then we have added Wilson, Fuller and a few loan players to the squad and I expect a number of players are on better deals once we were promoted so we are probably in the middle of the division when it comes to wages.
    The numbers from wfc.net and graphs posted by Swiss Rambler on twitter give us a good idea of a typical championship club losing between 5 & 10 Million a year
  • Options
    Thanks. I guess it will be some time before we see the audited accounts for 2012/13 to get the true figures.
  • Options
    SCP on Talksport last night said we were in the bottom 6 in terms of budget.
  • Options
    Educated guesswork in last edition of Trust News by the authors who figure we will lose £7M again this season meaning that every penny of the increased gates(£?M) and TV monies (£1.5M) + the Sky solidarity payment (£2M) goes on increased wages

14th - 18th in wages sounds right - important question is what will it be next season? What will it take to put the best players on longer deals, renew players who we want to stay and acquire a few new ones? Free transfers from the Premier League are not cheap (if that is what we are after?)
  • Options
    So our total playing staff budget last season was just over £170k per week.

How many players in the Prem earn that on their own?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    T
    vff said:

Not quite sure how much on transfers but Charlton have the 5th lowest wage budget in the division - 8.87 million. Huddersfield and the Wednesday are marginally lower than Charlton. Peterborough have the lowest on 5.25 and Barnsley on 6.96 million. Wolves have a staggering wage budget of 38.5 million, third below Blackburn at 50 million and Bolton on 48.3 million.

Huddersfield sold Jorden Rhodes and brought a few players in on the back of that, I remember the Wendies spending more than us (Operation Pig may be able to shed some light). The overall amount spent would be difficult to assess given the undisclosed figures, loan wages and actual announced transfer fee.

In terms of turnover, Charlton, Wendies and Huddersfield are of comparable size.

Your figures show that relegated clubs need the Golden Eagle payments just to stay afloat. The discrepancy between (say) Blackburn's wage bill and Peterborough's is ridiculous and in the long term, unmanageable, especially as both clubs are scrapping to avoid relegation
  • Options

T

vff said:

Your figures show that relegated clubs need the Golden Eagle payments just to stay afloat. The discrepancy between (say) Blackburn's wage bill and Peterborough's is ridiculous and in the long term, unmanageable, especially as both clubs are scrapping to avoid relegation
    True enough. The wages sank Charlton on the drop from the premiership.