Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players,Out of Contract

Apparently several players out of contract this year,does any one know who they are?.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Harriott
    Fuller
    Dervite
    Kerkar
    Hughes
    Evina
    Taylor
    Sullivan

There may be others.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Harriott
    Fuller
    Dervite
    Kerkar
    Hughes
    Evina
    Taylor
    Sullivan

There may be others.

Waggy
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Harriott
    Fuller
    Dervite
    Kerkar
    Hughes
    Evina
    Taylor
    Sullivan

There may be others.

these plus BWP and Cort I think, maybe Haynes
  • Options
    Sadly I can't see Waggy staying. I think his first team opportunities will be a bit limited and he probably needs to move on to get more regular first team football and I could see him going to somewhere like Bournemouth because he played there on loan and he knows Eddie Howe and he is good mate with Harry Arter. Bournemouth would be a good move because he will stay in the Championship. I'll be sad if Waggy does go because he is really good lad.
  • Options
    Harriott
    Fuller
    Dervite
    Kerkar
    Hughes
    Evina
    Taylor
    Sullivan

I would keep the top six and release the bottom two ... both with regrets as they have played their part in our recent revival(s)
  • Options
    Keep Harriott, Hughes, Evina Dervite and Taylor release Fuller, Kerkar, Sullivan
  • Options
    Both Fuller & BWP are on good wages so maybe they will be moved on.
  • Options

Keep Harriott, Hughes, Evina Dervite and Taylor release Fuller, Kerkar, Sullivan

Agree with this and I would try and get Obika on a season long loan
  • Options
    GK - Sullivan
    DF - Evina, Taylor, Cort, Dervite, Mambo, Cousins, Osbourne, Fox, Ajayi
    MF - Hughes, Wagstaff, Kerkar, Harriott, Rouamba, Harris
    FW - Haynes, BWP, Fuller, Pigott, Azeez
  • Options
    AddickRam said:

GK - Sullivan

Wow! What's the betting for another mass clear out and tons of signings a a the summer of 2011-12? ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AddickRam said:

GK - Sullivan

it is very worrying that a number of our better young squad are ending their contracts and not having been signed up by us for the future
  • Options
    Cant believe

Fox, ajai, harriot, pigott, azeez

That is really worrying we have not signed them up
  • Options

Agree with this and I would try and get Obika on a season long loan
    I wouldn't replace Fuller with Obik. Despite his two late goals I don't think he's good enough .
  • Options

Cant believe

Fox, ajai, harriot, pigott, azeez

That is really worrying we have not signed them up

The club rarely announce contract length for young players so that might not be the case.

Most are only given a 1 year deal, that might change now we have the u21 league.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harriott and Azeez have deals until June 2014 as they were always likely to be offered pro deals.
  • Options
    CHARLTON boss Chris Powell is confident that he has all the contractual issues in his squad under complete control.

Ten players are free agents in the summer - Ricardo Fuller, Bradley Wright-Phillips, Matt Taylor, Scott Wagstaff, Dorian Dervite and Salim Kerkar - while the likes of goalkeeper Ben Hamer, captain Johnnie Jackson and Yann Kermorgant will have 12 months to run.

Powell said: “I’m in constant dialogue with the owner and people that run the club. I’ve got to make decisions but also make sure I’m able to do business.

“I need to make sure I’m able to move on players or whether I have to carry on with the squad I’ve got.

“I’m sure there are stories about certain players but it is all being dealt with. We’re fine - we’ve got no real worries on our major players.

“I know some have got a year to go and that’s another area we have to make sure we move on.

“All the young players are fine, Callum Harriott will progress with us. So there is no problem there.”
  • Options
    Powell explained once this season does end he would like to get signings sorted sooner rather than later.

“I have a wish list,” the Valley chief said.

“Whether those wishes will come true or not, who knows?

“You have one eye on it and that is in the hands of the relevant people - my scouting department - and we are still in contact with people but that is just an ongoing process.

“I think every manager would want to get their business done before the end of May but realistically that never happens.

“It would be nice to get one or two things over the line before pre-season, which is earlier this year, so we are back in June.

“I would like to have good numbers and the squad in healthy shape if I can.

“I said this last year and it didn't happen but I would like it to happen this year.”

The SE7 club have a number of players out of contract in the summer, including Ricardo Fuller and Dorian Dervite.

But Powell pointed out conversations on that will occur in due course.

He said: “I want the season to be out of the way but I think within the next week or two talks will happen and offers or whatever will happen within the next couple of weeks.”

Now Charlton are guaranteed a place in the Championship for next season, at very least, has the Addicks boss had any time to relax ?

He replied: “I always find time to relax, it may not be much time but I do.

“Of course I watched the two Champions League semi-finals like everyone else and I've always tried to get away a little bit from the football, but not too much.

“It’s my job, it’s what I enjoy.

“I’ve been preparing for Middlesbrough of course.”

Powell added: “I’ve tied up a few loose ends because it’s always busy.

“People think the whistle blows and that’s it, but you come in and you've got one eye on pre-season.

“I've more or less planned that with the games and training programme, hopefully we will get a trip abroad if we can.

“That is 99 percent done but of course then you have got to look at the players’ side, how we can get better, how we can improve things at the training ground etc.

“So there will not be too much rest but we have got two games left and the focus is on Middlesbrough and then Bristol City
  • Options
    Great news about Callum Harriott
  • Options
    In SCP we trust...
  • Options
    Thanks for posting that CE.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We should add Mark Gower to this list.

My view is that we could sign him on a season long deal,but accept because of his age that we probably could not have him and Hughes playing together too often,so I guess its about budgets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:

We should add Mark Gower to this list.

My view is that we could sign him on a season long deal,but accept because of his age that we probably could not have him and Hughes playing together too often,so I guess its about budgets.

Isn't Gower out of contract in the Summer?

• Options
    "Powell said: “I’m in constant dialogue with the owner and people that run the club. I’ve got to make decisions but also make sure I’m able to do business. "

But hold on, Powell never speaks to anyone and they all hate him don't they?
  • Options
    Unless he greatly impresses over the next 2 games, I'd be surprised if we signed Gower.
  • Options
    DRF said:

"Powell said: “I’m in constant dialogue with the owner and people that run the club. I’ve got to make decisions but also make sure I’m able to do business. "

Don't think anyone said that in fairness.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

DRF said:

Don't think anyone said that in fairness.
    I think its been implied more than once.
  • Options
    Harriott - we have invested in him, shows lots of promise must keep and probably not had anough exposure to go elsewhere
    Fuller - will his kness hold up and weekly pay maybe restrictive
    Dervite - shown his promise alongside Morro, again as Harriott
    Kerkar - mmmm dont think so
    Hughes - we have looked better since he has been back in midfield but aga against him???
    Evina - love to keep him if the price is right
    Taylor - seen better days and looks good in league one, may prefer to go back to Exeter
    Sullivan - Don't call us, we'll call you!
  • Options

Harriott - we have invested in him, shows lots of promise must keep and probably not had anough exposure to go elsewhere
    Fuller - will his kness hold up and weekly pay maybe restrictive
    Dervite - shown his promise alongside Morro, again as Harriott
    Kerkar - mmmm dont think so
    Hughes - we have looked better since he has been back in midfield but aga against him???
    Evina - love to keep him if the price is right
    Taylor - seen better days and looks good in league one, may prefer to go back to Exeter
    Sullivan - Don't call us, we'll call you!

How do you know Hughsey doesn't have a gas oven, SA ?

• Options
    John Sullivan ‏@JohnSullivan13 17m
    Had a nice chat with the #cafc coaching staff today and I can confirm my time at the club is now over. Appreciate all they have done for me!

Looks like that's one contract not being renewed.