Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 10 Toughest Books to read ever written - How many have you read? How many have you heard of?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Shrew said:

They obviously haven't read some of the threads on here....out of the list just 'To the Lighthouse' not really a difficult read.

That's what I was thinking, quite a pageturner by EngLit classics standards.
  • Options
    Catch 22. Every feckin page was tedious drivel. But the very fact that i wanted to chuck it into the fire deemed me not insane so I was forced to carry on ....
  • Options

The toughest book I ever had was a "Where's Wally" bumper annual. Had me pulling my hair out for days at a time...........................

...in a similar vein I always struggled with those flipping Magic Eye books. Could never get them to work...
  • Options
    Bld_10a said:

Catch 22. Every feckin page was tedious drivel. But the very fact that i wanted to chuck it into the fire deemed me not insane so I was forced to carry on ....

Ha! ha! Very good Bld-10a. Quite one of the most brilliant books ever written of course.
    I could never bring myself to read anything by Jeffrey Archer but that is for entirely different reasons.

• Options

As a simple man, I think books are meant to entertain. If it's a struggle it is not a very good book as far as I am concerned.

I agree - it's chick-lit for me - I like nice easy going books.
    To be fair, Algarve does strike me as a chick-lit sort of guy.
  • Options
    Bld_10a said:

Isn't that Farenheit 451?

• Options
    1984,that's another load of twoddle. Hold on,there's someone at the front door ....
  • Options
    Has anyone read the bible? Start to finish, all the way through. I got about halfway through Deuteronomy before giving up. Overrated.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Has anyone read the bible? Start to finish, all the way through. I got about halfway through Deuteronomy before giving up. Overrated.

Can't get into any fiction.....

• Options

McBobbin said:

Is that a Fact ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

McBobbin said:

Is that a Fact ?
    that he can't get into fiction?