Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albert Einstein

2»

Comments

• Options
    What I want to know is, if you're driving your car at the speed of light down a dark tunnel and you turn your headlights on, can you see anything?
  • Options

What I want to know is, if you're driving your car at the speed of light down a dark tunnel and you turn your headlights on, can you see anything?

Depends if you have your eyes open.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

If you were travelling at the speed of light you wouldn't be able to see anything, or perhaps you'll be looking at places you've already past?
  • Options

The police trying to catch you in in the rear view mirror.
  • Options
    Sensei said:

1.5 million HP can be produced with a baked bean can full of plutonium...the calculation to know this is like the hardest sums I've ever had to do.

Horse Power!!! That unit has seldom been used for energy since the 1960's apart from motive energy. You're either a Yank, very old or your're getting confused with HP Baked Beans ;-)

I'm very old.

• Options

All according to how long you'd been driving and your age. If you're 17 then a ten minute drive at the speed of light would invalidate you're driving license as you'd then only be 16.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Custard.

• Options
    Nikola tesla shits on einstein all day.invented free energy as well (which was suppressed by the oil barons).
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    plumpo said:

Nikola tesla shits on einstein all day.invented free energy as well (which was suppressed by the oil barons).

No such thing as free energy....unless of course you've seen it on Youtube, then it's gospel.

ps. This is the guy that said you could'nt split atoms.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Stig said:
    He forgot to add in the costs of a hundred radio transmitters at 20,000 watts each. That phone charge cost approx $320...hardly free!

ps. Free means a natural resource is not depleted.

• Options
    The Sun = free energy .. ALL the earth's energy resources emanate from the sun .. the earth is dependant on the sun for its existence and survival. As Ralph Nader said, the reason that solar power is not more widely used is because the oil companies do not have shares in the Sun
  • Options

The Sun = free energy .. ALL the earth's energy resources emanate from the sun .. the earth is dependant on the sun for its existence and survival. As Ralph Nader said, the reason that solar power is not more widely used is because the oil companies do not have shares in the Sun

Some truth in that, but the manufacturing costs of solar panels is a little off putting to the "Let's use up everything 'cos I won't be here when it goes tits up" brigade.

• Options
    I thought free energy was energy created from nothing... e.g. in perpetual motion machines where some idiot connects an engine to a generator and expects to get a surplus of energy
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I thought free energy was energy created from nothing... e.g. in perpetual motion machines where some idiot connects an engine to a generator and expects to get a surplus of energy

You'll notice that these Youtube videos have a pucker advert on them...ten silly inventions can bring in some serious dough.

• Options

McBobbin said:

You'll notice that these Youtube videos have a pucker advert on them...ten silly inventions can bring in some serious dough.

I deal with inventions and inventors on a day to day basis... seen my fair share of perpetual motion machines, but nobody who has made a penny from them, even from ripping people off! Always nice to see something Heath Robinson though
  • Options
    I can do you Heath Robinson on a major scale...my steam driven Inter Stella spacecraft might well raise your eyebrows...no I'm not kidding.