Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"The Only thing I like/dislike about that club is....."

2»

Comments

• Options
    Soft spot:
    Bournemouth - agree that it is the best away day
    Brentford - old fashioned football ground, decent fans
    Doncaster - you gotta feel respect for a club where the Chiarman hires some guys to burn the ground down; I like red and white hoops too

I just hope whoever loses in the Brentford-Doncaster game gets up through the Play offs
  • Options
    Like wigan think they may go down this time but martinez deserves a medal for normally keeping them up.wigan also mainly rugby town with small population and wembley turnout was considered quite good.
  • Options
    I've always liked Norwich, had some good away days there and when I went to look around the University of East Anglia I went to watch them play Bristol Rovers to kill some time before my train back home ((Norwich won 5-1 and Chris Dixon - remember him - was on loan and playing for Rovers at the time). The fans around me were a nice bunch, very accommodating plus their "Delia's Pie" special is good.

Always been a fan of Yeovil seeing as I've seen them play both Welling & Charlton in competitive league matches.

Hull City because I go to university in Hull and so when I can't get to Charlton away games in the North East I tend to go down to the KC.

Dislike
    Not any single specific club but teams that have these new pop up stadiums. Doncaster are a great example, also teams like Coventry and I think both Cardiff & Swansea's new grounds are really uninspiring places.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Jarman said:

Spurs fans bring new meaning to the word deluded, consider themselves as one of England's heavyweights but are never ever in with a shout for any decent silverwear.

Oh dear...
    Go and have a look at when arsenal last won anything
    That is such weak chat.

What have Spurs won in that time? Tottenham are an appalling Club. Its only the last 5 years they've stopped being a mid-table team. For 20 years before that they were poncing about in mid-table (often lower-midtable), chucking vast sums of cash at the likes of Jose Dominguez, Helder Postiga, those Romanian fellas and Sergei Rebrov, as well as untold ridiculous managers, and all the time their supporters were still suggesting they should be winning the title and banging on about the year of the 1.

In the meantime Arsenal have managed to stay in the top 4 despite selling their best players like we did for years after returning to the Valley and competing against Man United, Abramovich and Abu Dhabi.

I loathe Tottenham, I think it is only Millwall and Palace who can outstrip them in the hate stakes.
  • Options
    It's interesting that our fans are split on arsenal/spurs. I personally prefer Tottenham.
  • Options
    Soft spot:

Portsmouth - poor f""ckers
    Afc Wimbledon - I love this club for some reason and will be gutted if they go down
    Liverpool - there's no explanation I just wana see em do well.

Dislike:

Southampton - w@nkers
    Stoke - please go down your boring
    Newcastle - pardews fault, they are now forever cursed with my disapproval.
    Birmingham - yo yo club, soulless
    Leeds - Don revie
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Quite interesting that of the hated clubs Man U don't feature.

I love Man U. I love Fergie, Giggsy, Scholsey, Sparky, Cantona, Brucie, Schmichael, Becks, Nev, Ruud, RVP, Solskar, Kanchelski, etc etc. I love football. If you love football you can't hate Utd.

I hate Spurs, Coventry, City, Liverpool, Palace and Barcelona.
    But most of all I hate the team that these days calls itself West Ham, my boyhood team.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

hate apart from millwall and palace:

arsenal - there deluded fans just piss me off
    mk dons - a nothing club
    manchester city - hate it when clubs just start buying things

spurs - mainly because there rivals with arsenal
    bournemouth - good away day and quite good fans
    sheffield wednesday - love hillsborough
    chesterfield - really freindly fans

hate

spurs - there deluded fans just piss me off

arsenal - mainly because there rivals with spurs
    Spurs fans are no where near as deluded as Arsenal fans.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I love Man U. I love Fergie, Giggsy, Scholsey, Sparky, Cantona, Brucie, Schmichael, Becks, Nev, Ruud, RVP, Solskar, Kanchelski, etc etc. I love football. If you love football you can't hate Utd.

But most of all I hate the team that these days calls itself West Ham, my boyhood team.

Ridiculous argument. I love football. I hate United. I hate their tosser fans.
  • Options
    I fucking united and their glory hunting fans. I fucking love football.

so it can be done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

It's not an argument. I don't argue. It's just a fact.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Either you're trying to be funny, or you're a moron.
  • Options
    Dislike

Man Utd
    Arsenal

Man City - anyone that moans they are buying the league did utd not do that with Ince, Mcclair, Pallister, Parker, Bruce, Irwin etc
    Plus they had fantastic support even at league 1 level.

Spurs
    West Ham
  • Options

Dislike

Man Utd
    Arsenal

Man City - anyone that moans they are buying the league did utd not do that with Ince, Mcclair, Pallister, Parker, Bruce, Irwin etc

Spurs
    West Ham

Dislike

Man Utd
    Arsenal

Spurs
    West Ham

Bloody hell. Apart from Man City, this list is the same as mine ha!
  • Options
    How can you not like Man City? Filling Maine Road in the third division whilst their city rivals won the treble.
  • Options
    Like Arsenal, their style of football and because of Wenger.
    Like Ebbsfleet, always enjoy a few games a season down there.
    Like Bournemouth great away day at the seaside.
    Like AFC Wombles.

Dislike - Spurs, delusional fans. WBA, bouncy bouncy twats. Man U and Chelsea, for all the bad they've done football, and their poxy armchair fans. Cant stand Wigan, bloody rugby town, no right having a football club, I have no rational for my last comment, I just think they are a waste of space. Everton a nothing club, grey, the John Major of football and always in Liverpools shadow.
  • Options

How can you not like Man City? Filling Maine Road in the third division whilst their city rivals won the treble.

It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I'm not fussed by them. Man United, I hate.
  • Options

It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I'm not fussed by them. Man United, I hate.
    Fair enough. Last season's premiership finishes was one of my favourite non-Charlton football moments, Cantona tops the list!

• Options
    The only reason I dislike any teams is muggy fans:
    Liverpool and Arsenal fans have a ridiculous sense of entitlement.
    Newcastle fans are convinced that they are the best fans in the world. (As are Liverpool fans)
    Chelsea fans are so Billy Bigballs since their sugar-daddy came to town.
    West Ham fans are so utterly convinced of their own importance it makes me want to retch.
    Millwall and Palace - obnoxious for different reasons, but they're just ridiculous.

Strangely, I'm not bothered right now about Man U or Man C. Used to hate Man U and their plastics, but my respect for them as an institution has grown over the years.
    I expect Man C fans will, at some point, irritate me like the Chelsea fans do now.

Spurs I have a soft spot for, due to my Brother in Law being a big fan and we've gone to a few Charlton and Spurs games this year.
    Also got a soft spot for a few lower league teams (Barnet, AFC Wimbledon, Leyton Orient plus some non-leaguers)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I like Yeovil as its near my mates pub.

God i hope they come up and its a summer fixture.

Lovely pub that!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Either you're trying to be funny, or you're a moron.
    Chill Bill.
  • Options
    Nutter? That's a new one :-)