Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mario Gotze joining Bayern

Hardly raised a mention in this country, but this is a huge signing for Bayern to be signing their closest rivals best young player for a fee of €37m

Don't think there's going to be much in the way of competition in the Bundesliga next season.

Guardiola is walking into possibly the easiest job in the world.

Comments

• Options
    Not quite true that it's hardly raised a mention - it's on the BBC, Sky Sports and Guardian websites and all over twitter.

Reckon they'll probably sign Lewandowski as well.
  • Options
    That's a massive signing for them considering how big a player Gotze is for Dortmund. They pretty much have a strangle hold over the German championship for the next 2-3 years I reckon.
  • Options
    Bet Pep is hoping Bayern don't win the CL this season
  • Options
    Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Gotze, Muller, Ribery, Robben, Gomez

Rafinha, Van Buyten, Dante, Javi Martinez, Luis Gustavo, Shaqiri, Kroos, Mandzukic, Pizarro

Not to mention any players in the summer that will join, the cream of the Bundesliga and probably a couple of Spaniards too

Combine that with the lower ticket prices, high attendances, new stadia, standing areas and drinking in the stands and German footy's onto a winner

Ridiculous
  • Options
    They'll walk the German league and Champions League next season.
  • Options
    Timing of this is interesting
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba, Schweinsteiger, Gotze, Muller, Ribery, Robben, Gomez

Rafinha, Van Buyten, Dante, Javi Martinez, Luis Gustavo, Shaqiri, Kroos, Mandzukic, Pizarro

Amazing squad when you think about. And with Dortmund being broken up this summer, the Bayern 2nd XI is probably the 2nd best side in the league!
  • Options
    I do fear for Borussia Dortmund who i have been a big fan of over the last 3 years. They play some fantastic football and have some tremendous players. Gotze was the golden boy for Dortmund and his move will be a massive kick in the teeth for the fans, despite the large sum.

Lewandowski looks sure to leave for either Bayern or Man Utd this summer. Hopefully they can re-invest well and continue to battle for the Bundesliga, even if this is very unlikely.

Subotic, Gundogan, Reus and Hummels are all fantastic players. I hope they can keep hold of them.
  • Options
    Would be a little awkward for Gotze to come against his new club in the Champions League Final.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Not to mention any players in the summer that will join, the cream of the Bundesliga and probably a couple of Spaniards too

Combine that with the lower ticket prices, high attendances, new stadia, standing areas and drinking in the stands and German footy's onto a winner

Ridiculous

But could they do it on a cold Tuesday night at Stoke?

Seriously though, this model is working. It's a shame that we can't duplicate it here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Minkcafc said:

I do fear for Borussia Dortmund who i have been a big fan of over the last 3 years. They play some fantastic football and have some tremendous players. Gotze was the golden boy for Dortmund and his move will be a massive kick in the teeth for the fans, despite the large sum.

Lewandowski looks sure to leave for either Bayern or Man Utd this summer. Hopefully they can re-invest well and continue to battle for the Bundesliga, even if this is very unlikely.

Subotic, Gundogan, Reus and Hummels are all fantastic players. I hope they can keep hold of them.

Was very impressed with Gundogan in the quarters v Malaga - first time i'd seen him - what a team Germany have when Gundogan cant even get into the national team.
  • Options
    It's annoying as a neutral but Bayern have always done this. This is why they're by far the most hated club over there.
  • Options
    Dortmund make players. Would assume they have an eye on a couple of players which fit the Klopp plan.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Dortmund make players. Would assume they have an eye on a couple of players which fit the Klopp plan.

i think dzeko would be the perfect replacement for lewa (assuming he goes) and christian eriksen from ajax for Gotze. shame this wonderful, young, exciting team is being broken up.
  • Options

Hardly raised a mention in this country, but this is a huge signing for Bayern to be signing their closest rivals best young player for a fee of €37m

Don't think there's going to be much in the way of competition in the Bundesliga next season.

Prefer Reus
  • Options

Don't underestimate the amount of pressure that comes with being manager of Bayern Munich. The average manager at BM lasts around 18 months-two years. Basically if you don't win a shedload of silverware you are out.

For example Jupp Heynckes has a win ratio at BM of 75% has just won his third Bundesliga title with them (albeit he's been manager twice before at BM), he's got them into the CL semi-finals and they are not renewing his contract - officially he's "retiring" but would have stayed on if asked and hasn't ruled out managing again. In his first stint as manager he won back to back Bundesliga titles in 1989 and 1990 and they sacked him in 1991 when they looked like finishing in mid-table but that was after a few star players were shifted on and not replaced. Not only is there great pressure but you have to deal with people like Franz Beckenbauer and Uli Hoeness behind the scenes.
  • Options
    I don't doubt there is pressure to win things, but i meant easy in the fact that with the squad he'll have it's almost a certainty they'll win the league and quite likely the cup too. Then it's a case of how far they can go in the CL. As i said earlier, Bayern can field a 2nd XI that would probably be the next best team in the bundesliga.

• Options
    Bayern Munich II is not that strong a side - BM like most Bundesliga teams run their second XI as a means of giving youth team players some professional experience before unleashing them on the first XI or getting rid of them. Consequently the average age is about 20/21 while many of the other teams in the Regionalliga at that level have more experienced squads. Currently they play in Regionalliga Bayern (roughly equivalent to L2/BSP) - but they do have an English player in their squad - Dale Jennings, an ex-Liverpool youth teamer who had a few first team matches for Tranmere.
  • Options
    How can they be allowed to do this and announce it on the eve of the biggest game in Dortmund recent history

Can you imagine 5 mins to go champions league final and he makes a huge error

What questions would that raise
  • Options
    Pep is no doubt a good manager, but he took over barca just as they were starting their dominance and is now taking over a fantastic munich team....

Doubt he could navigate Charlton to the league 1 title with 101 points...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Might have something to do with distracting from the fact that Bayerns General Manager Uli Höneß is currently being investigated (in fact a warrant for his arrest has been issued) for tax evasion to the tune of 12.000.000 euros.

• Options

sam3110 said:

Ridiculous

Seriously though, this model is working. It's a shame that we can't duplicate it here.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/germany_results/tables/default.stm

A league where the top team is 20 points ahead of 2nd, and has just signed their best player has its own problems. Bayern have a goal difference of +75, and in 15 away games, have only conceded 3 goals!
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Ridiculous

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/germany_results/tables/default.stm

A league where the top team is 20 points ahead of 2nd, and has just signed their best player has its own problems. Bayern have a goal difference of +75, and in 15 away games, have only conceded 3 goals!
    They went several games without conceding a shot! I can see them going on to being claimed as the best ever club side. They've produced profits in 9 out of the last ten years, seems like a good model.
  • Options
    Watch out for Mortiz Leitner he seems to be a classy little player, also I wouldn't call Bayern Dortmund's "biggest rivals" if he went to Schalke there would be riots on the streets!
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Might have something to do with distracting from the fact that Bayerns General Manager Uli Höneß is currently being investigated (in fact a warrant for his arrest has been issued) for tax evasion to the tune of 12.000.000 euros.

Sorry, I have to correct myself, Höneß is currently out on 5.000.000 euro bail.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Or the fact Dortmund have the biggest game of their lives coming up tonight and the news is a massive blow to their morale.
  • Options
    Doesn't seem to have any effect on them, though!