Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Online dating/Catfish

Anyone had any interesting funny or positive stories out of online dating? That MTV show catfish is a good watch. Slightly humiliating!

My Charlton supporting mate says he averages a date every couple of weeks with different women using a POF account.

Online dating used to be frowned upon for many good reasons, now it appears to be the common way to 'find your other half'.

Comments

• Options
    Met my wife through match dot com 5 years ago. We had our first child 6 weeks ago, so all is good.
  • Options
    Love that Catfish show
  • Options

Met my wife through match dot com 5 years ago. We had our first child 6 weeks ago, so all is good.

nice going .. congratulations
  • Options
    I have one which was hilarious. Unfortunately, I really can't repeat it..........................

Met my current partner 18 months ago online, still going strong.
  • Options
    there was recently a very good thread on it... worth searching for but cant rmemeber the title. Just found another corker from 2012...
  • Options

2nd that

I have one which was hilarious. Unfortunately, I really can't repeat it..........................

Met my current partner 18 months ago online, still going strong.

Go on
  • Options
    The thread from last year on this was absolutely classic.
  • Options
    PoF is the greatest website ever made.

If you can't get your willy wet via that, then you may as well give up.
  • Options
    Get that thread up from earlier this year. Great stuff.
  • Options
    dating in the mid to late30's or something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My last three I found on the net (chatrooms, MSN groups etc) All 3 have been class both in looks and interlect, but I still hear people saying "You can't meet anyone decent on the Internet" It makes you wonder what they think of themselves.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    It's the same as any other form of meeting people and dating. You can equally find someone you love or someone who ends up hurting you as you would offline. Or both.
  • Options

• Options
    Surprised more birds don't sign up here looking for a mate ;-)
  • Options

Surprised more birds don't sign up here looking for a mate ;-)

We are not all as hot as you matey :)

• Options
    I'd not heard of Plenty of fish until I saw a thread on here awhile ago. A bit of research later and now I hear all about it.
    I was on a stag weekend at Bognor Regis last weekend and two of our group had an app on iPhone for plenty of fish. Within five minutes both had found a suitor that was also in Bognor Regis and by the end of the night both of them had sex.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I'd not heard of Plenty of fish until I saw a thread on here awhile ago. A bit of research later and now I hear all about it.
    I was on a stag weekend at Bognor Regis last weekend and two of our group had an app on iPhone for plenty of fish. Within five minutes both had found a suitor that was also in Bognor Regis and by the end of the night both of them had sex.

yep, on the iphone app you can see what users are within 500m of you. Crazy.