Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewisham is the least peaceful place in the whole of UK

2»

Comments

• Options
    Blackheath is pretty peaceful...
  • Options
    And do we wonder why?
  • Options
    I'm not worried when I walk out my front door. There's worst places than Lewisham. Brixton, Peckham, Liverpool.. Etc
  • Options
    Greenwich was 13th, the top 17 are all London Boroughs.

1 Lewisham 4.529

2 Lambeth 4.494

3 Hackney 4.402

4 Newham 4.364

5 Tower Hamlets 4.360

6 Hammersmith & Fulham 4.352

7 Islington 4.343

8 Southwark 4.314

9 Brent 4.235

10 Haringey 4.221

11 Waltham Forest 4.076

12 City of Westminster 4.061

13 Greenwich 4.002

14 Ealing 3.949

15 Croydon 3.931

16 Camden 3.914

17 Barking & Dagenham 3.842

18 Manchester 3.752

19 Birmingham 3.724

20 Hillingdon 3.698
  • Options
    I live in Greenwich, surprised by its inclusion. Then again the only trouble I've witnessed have been on buses coming in/out of Lewisham so that may explain it.
  • Options
    How can you be surprised by Greenwich? its the borough of Greenwich which includes Woolwich.
  • Options
    Bournemouth came 288th on that list...and the local rag still went into meltdown and rated it "one of least peaceful places to live".

PMSL...
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Heroin may have been around for 100 years but large scale drug importation and use only really took off in the mid to late 80s when armed robberies became harder to carry out.

You got it the wrong way round. Much harder to commit armed robbery when you can't point the gun cos you're stoned out of your box on smack.
  • Options
    I live in Lewisham, my Dad lives in Bexleyheath. I know which I find more lairy. The Lewisham Central ward quoted above covers the High Street (where the kids fight after school), the hospital and Europe's largest police station. Why might that have quite high stats for violence?
  • Options

Lewisham, the city that never sleeps...

Lewisham: So good they named it once.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:

Is Lewisham the least peaceful place in the world?

Nah. Bermondsey.

That's a nice sound as well, Bermondsey
    You can get a light and bitter, and it sounds nice
    Light and bitter, that sounds nice, I'd like a light and bitter
    Oh cheers thanks a lot

Took a trip back to my old stomping ground,Bexleyheath and the Heath recently. Not too fancy. Would like to think I could go back at some point. Those specs must have been made of solid red plastic. Either that or I'm an auld c*nt !!
  • Options
    Bld_10a said:

RedPanda said:

Is Lewisham the least peaceful place in the world?

Nah. Bermondsey.

That's a nice sound as well, Bermondsey
    You can get a light and bitter, and it sounds nice
    Light and bitter, that sounds nice, I'd like a light and bitter
    Oh cheers thanks a lot

Took a trip back to my old stomping ground,Bexleyheath and the Heath recently. Not too fancy. Would like to think I could go back at some point. Those specs must have been made of solid red plastic. Either that or I'm an auld c*nt !!
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • Options
    'I have no idea what you're talking about.'
    That makes at least 2 of us then.
    In shorthand I used to live in Northumberland heath/Erith/Bexleyheath,great memories,left in 1990. I visited recently and it ranks as the most hostile night out I've had. Just saying

• Options
    Bld_10a said:

In shorthand I used to live in Northumberland heath/Erith/Bexleyheath,great memories,left in 1990. I visited recently and it ranks as the most hostile night out I've had. Just saying

No offence meant I just didn't understand especially the "Bermondsey light and bitter " bit.

Going back to your old stomping grounds it's never the same.

• Options
    No one has noticed the regeneration of central Lewisham, high rise blocks of luxury flats being built on every corner. I've been based in business there for many years never had a problem even with a travellers site next to us.
  • Options

Bld_10a said:

No offence meant I just didn't understand especially the "Bermondsey light and bitter " bit.

Going back to your old stomping grounds it's never the same.

Yep never stare back mate,just glimpse. Including this (at the end) :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhHJ4zEKDZY