Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can you imagine? (Worst case scenario)

If all the other results go our way and we f*ck it up against Bristol City the last day of the season?

How gutting would that be!

Comments

• Options
    Thats the Charlton way.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Or after some lengthy stops, we're the last game to finish. We're winning 1-0 in the 97th minute, about to take 6th from Palace and then someone scores an own goal for 1-1 and Palace get 6th by the skin of their teeth and go on to get promoted at our expense...... Imagine that.
  • Options

Or after some lengthy stops, we're the last game to finish. We're winning 1-0 in the 97th minute, about to take 6th from Palace and then someone scores an own goal for 1-1 and Palace get 6th by the skin of their teeth and go on to get promoted at our expense...... Imagine that.

That's the stuff of nightmares.

• Options

I'm off down the bookies!!!!
  • Options
    Or we are, as always, the last game to finish and palARSE are holding on to 6th by the skin of their teeth, until up pops Obika (yet again) in the 97th minute. Who cares about the playoffs, just stopping them would be hilarious.
  • Options
    Best case scenario:-

We nick Palace's play off place and Millwall get relegated.

Someone wake me up!
  • Options
    I don't want promotion this season... We really aren't ready yet!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Someone wake me up!

Sadly, I don't think it's possible. To overtake Palace, we need Palace to lose all their games including the one at Millwall. If Millwall win that game, they are safe.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I don't want promotion this season... We really aren't ready yet!

I'd take promotion. Even if we lost every game next season, the parachute payments would write of our debts (I hope) and make the club financially secure, or at least, more secure .. AND there would be some great players visiting the valley for the first time in a long time. Take what you can get I say.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Someone wake me up!

Sadly, I don't think it's possible. To overtake Palace, we need Palace to lose all their games including the one at Millwall. If Millwall win that game, they are safe.
    Good point Thai, I've definately woken up now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    The worst case would be to get into the playoffs and get knocked out by those stripey Nigel's at Wembley! Now that is a nightmare.
  • Options
    I would wish them good luck.
  • Options
    palace are 6 points above us with a much better goal difference - no chance we will finish above them
  • Options
    Well if they were to lose the last two and we were to win the two that goal difference would look very different. Can't see it myself but we shall see
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    or, imagine the five teams at the top all get docked points for financial mismanagement and we are looking good for automatic promotion then the Valley is hit by a freal tornado which sucks our defence two miles into the sky leaving the way clear for a match winner from them.

God that would be awful.
  • Options
    It will be all over by tommorow night
  • Options
    Genius Charlton doom mongerers
  • Options
    Imagine that we did make it to the play offs by the skin of our teeth and then the Valley got hit by a stray meteor obliterating the team and club forever. I'd say that was a worst case scenario.
  • Options

Imagine that we did make it to the play offs by the skin of our teeth and then the Valley got hit by a stray meteor obliterating the team and club forever. I'd say that was a worst case scenario.

would we get our season ticket money back?
  • Options
    I don't care if we're ready for the Prem. I'd take going up and getting relegated with zero points. It would gurantee the future of the club and we'd be rolling in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't understand people saying we're not ready. The amount you get from promotion and if we got relegated from parachute payments is massive so we could rebuild again and be more secure financially. Finally be able to compete on the wages side again as well.
  • Options

I'd take going up and getting relegated with zero points

And have the club labelled a laughing stock?? We'd become a humiliating trivia question for ever more.....the butt of a billion football jokes around the world. Mud like that sticks for eternity.

No thanks. No amount of money would be worth that imo.

• Options

or, imagine the five teams at the top all get docked points for financial mismanagement and we are looking good for automatic promotion then the Valley is hit by a freal tornado which sucks our defence two miles into the sky leaving the way clear for a match winner from them.

God that would be awful.

It wouldnt be awful for me, I've always wanted to see a Tornado (Chas Hodges apart)

• Options

I don't care if we're ready for the Prem. I'd take going up and getting relegated with zero points. It would gurantee the future of the club and we'd be rolling in it.

Can you imagine how negative our fans would be seeing us getting stuffed in the Premiership every week?
  • Options
    im only happy when im moaning mia
  • Options

And have the club labelled a laughing stock?? We'd become a humiliating trivia question for ever more.....the butt of a billion football jokes around the world. Mud like that sticks for eternity.

So you are honestly saying, supposing we made the play off final, that you would be hoping we lost ??
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure he's not, however would be a massive struggle; that said people said the same about Norwich!
  • Options

So you are honestly saying, supposing we made the play off final, that you would be hoping we lost ??
    *sigh*

• Options

Not worst case - we'd still happily spend the rest of our lives complaining about potholes in the car park

• Options
    Loco said:

The worst case would be to get into the playoffs and get knocked out by those stripey Nigel's at Wembley! Now that is a nightmare.

Then you get home and find Simon Jordan "celebrating" with your wife.