Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

News Shopper

edited April 2013 in General Charlton
Did he stop posting on here after getting fed up of the abuse? I cant remember seeing any posts on here from him lately. Cant say Im surprised if he doesnt.

Anyway Charlton Live's interview of Parkinson is on here. Quite a nice interview i thought.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/10382266.Parkinson_recalls_highs_and_lows_of_Charlton_managerial_spell/

Comments

• Options
    A thoroughly decent man who unfortunately is part of one of the worst periods of our history.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

A thoroughly decent man who unfortunately is part of one of the worst periods of our history.

His articles weren't that bad

• Options
    :D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Curb_It said:

Did he stop posting on here after getting fed up of the abuse? I cant remember seeing any posts on here from him lately. Cant say Im surprised if he doesnt.

Anyway Charlton Live's interview of Parkinson is on here. Quite a nice interview i thought.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/10382266.Parkinson_recalls_highs_and_lows_of_Charlton_managerial_spell/

It looks like it. He hasn't posted for a while.
  • Options
    Good read that. Fair play to Parky. Remember that Benno goal at Colchester like it was yesterday, absolute quality finish, yet again robbed by an incompetent official.
  • Options
    I'm taking a break from posting on here for a bit, may well return next season though. You can still get all of our Charlton stories by following me on Twitter.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

very good

• Options
    The low point was surely the old boy who made his way to the Valley touchline in the Brighton 4-0 drubbing, and told Parky he could do a better job than him.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

very good

that was long break
  • Options

I'm taking a break from posting on here for a bit.....

Clearly not
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

I'm taking a break from posting on here for a bit.....

Clearly not
    yes he is, its quite clear he hasnt posted any stories for a while.

• Options
    Don't really get all the shit that the NS bloke gets to be honest. Always used to read his press day posts.

Not his fault that other benny still writes articles for them is it.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Don't really get all the shit that the NS bloke gets to be honest. Always used to read his press day posts.

This.

He's a top bloke.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Plaaayer said:

Maybe, but if he was banned correctly and not let back on there, then some of this would not have occured. I have never been a lover of the News Shopper and that incident confirmed that for myself. I cannot see why he does not post his links on to Charlton related articles on here still, and you can always ignore the thread if you don't want to read it. Each to their own.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

Yeah, I went over to the NewsShopper site the other day and there were a few decent addicks articles I'd missed because they're no longer posted on here.

Must say, I'm not a big fan of the NS site (I hate it.) but I generally enjoy the CAFC articles. There was much ado about nothing - as this thread has shown - about him posting the links. All it would've taken is putting "[NewsShopper]" in the title and those who want to moan could've just ignored those threads.
  • Options
    It wasnt NS (by that i mean the person) decision.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Plaaayer said:

Maybe, but if he was banned correctly and not let back on there, then some of this would not have occured.
    No, its not to do with Matt Little. News shopper got abused from a few posters as they dont like the layout of the news shopper site and were always bitching at him. It was pretty crap really.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Plaaayer said:

I cannot see why he does not post his links on to Charlton related articles on here still, and you can always ignore the thread if you don't want to read it. Each to their own.
    I know NS can speak for himself, but he stopped posting links because there was a couple of times when people pasted the article on here rather than posting a link. I think.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Back to the article, parky singing RM's praises comes as no surprise. Up there with Powell and Curbs for me
  • Options
    Love Parky. High quality individual who deserved much better than he got.

I may have mentioned this on here before once or twice....:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shirty5 said:

Plaaayer said:

I cannot see why he does not post his links on to Charlton related articles on here still, and you can always ignore the thread if you don't want to read it. Each to their own.
    I know NS can speak for himself, but he stopped posting links because there was a couple of times when people pasted the article on here rather than posting a link. I think.

I think it was a combination of this, being made to feel responsible for Bunny's blog being on there and their generally crap website plus, as Curb_it points out, the generally rude and abusive nature of a few posters that may have caused the lack of NS posts recently?

• Options
    You can't blame him not posting as the amount of moaning and grief he gets is a bit over the top.
  • Options
    Very good from Parky. Conducted himself with dignity and even when he had the opportunity to snipe us, he didn't. If you criticised him as a manager, you can't as a man. I respect him greatly after that.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    J BLOCK said:

Back to the article, parky singing RM's praises comes as no surprise. Up there with Powell and Curbs for me

Do you mean RM or PP???????

• Options
    He definitely means Murray.
  • Options
    i was gonna say!
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Do you mean RM or PP???????

Murray
  • Options
    What a great guy Parky is and glad to think Richard Murray was so supportive because it was such a difficult time. He sounds a decent man and wish him well.