Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon, Daggers and Barnet

Unbelievably close at the bottom of L2

Wimbledon win to stay up by 2 points, well done John Sullivan!

Barnet lose to go down:-(

Daggers stay up on goal difference, Plymouth stay up by one point...

Comments

• Options
    I don't mind Barnet but I hate Davids and the way they forced Mark Robson out so tough luck.
  • Options

Thought Dagenham would draw and go down. Ended up losing and staying up. Barnet couldn't beat a team with nothing to play for.
  • Options
    Out of those three Barnet are probably the ones I'd want to go down the least
  • Options
    Delighted for AFC Wimbledon, but would have preferred D&G down rather than Barnet. Still feel unclean every time I think of being at the cup game over there a few years back. Just a horrible place!
  • Options
    Welling Barnet next season...
  • Options
    Disappointed for Barnet, as I've enjoyed the three visits to Underhill I've made over the past few seasons.

Delighted for AFC Wimbledon though - would hate to see their journey regress after the incredible things they've accomplished.
  • Options
    Would have preferred Barnett and Daggers. Don't like AFC, they seem to feel the world owes them something, lifes tough get on with it.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Would have preferred Barnett and Daggers. Don't like AFC, they seem to feel the world owes them something, lifes tough get on with it.

They've also achieved what they have with superior resources and very little modesty or class from what I've read about them.
  • Options
    went to the daggers game on saturday. worst atmosphere ever. they were playing poorly but when your in a scrap like that you get behind the players.
  • Options
    I was sorry to see Barnet go with all the problems they've had re their ground over the years.

It wasn't the fans who got rid of Mark Robson and parachuted Edgar Davids in.

That said they've flirted with the trapdoor for several seasons, often recruiting Martin Allen for a short term fire fighting job to save themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do have sympathy for the Barnet fans. But Barnet are traditionally a non league team, their gates were not that high, indicating that if they balanced the books (they may/ may not have done) their budget would be lower than a lot of other clubs in the division, therefore there is a certain inevitability about their relegation.

Mark Robson managed zero wins and three draws in the 11 games he managed Barnet alone. I suspect even he would acknowledge that that is a poor record. Many Chairman would look to make a change in that situation. With Davids involvement Barnet accrued 48 points from 35 games, had Davids been involved from the start it can be assumed Barnet would be safe.