Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth & Doncaster promoted (Brentford, Yeovil, Sheff U & Swindon in play-offs)

Shame it wasn't Brentford, hope they come up through the play-offs.

Comments

• Options
    they play Swindon .. the Bees are in form (despite today's loss) and Swindon are slipping out of form. Yeovil play Sheffield United in the other game. Two sides whose form is unpredictable. Brentford have a good chance.
  • Options
    Put £5 on AFCBournemouth to win the league in January at 16/1....lost the slip so not to down about being runners-up.
    Still, at least the Cherries are up ! ;-)
  • Options
    Hope that Sheffield United come up.
  • Options
    AFC Bournemouth ‏@afcbournemouth
    Don't forget! The bus parade will be entering Bournemouth town square at 1.30pm today. Don't miss it! #afcb #championshipbound
  • Options
    SHEFFIELD UNITED WILL COME GOOD.
  • Options

Put £5 on AFCBournemouth to win the league in January at 16/1....lost the slip so not to down about being runners-up.
    Still, at least the Cherries are up ! ;-)

could of still claimed the bet mogs
  • Options
    Bournemouth have rich backers. I'd expect the, to pull up some trees in the next 2 years.
  • Options

Don't forget! The bus parade will be entering Bournemouth town square at 1.30pm today. Don't miss it! #afcb #championshipbound

Yesterday's results somewhat rained on their parade!
  • Options

Yesterday's results somewhat rained on their parade!
    Don't think they'll be too worried about "only" finishing 2nd !
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    For NLA. ;-)

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/10425889.Cherries__Decision_reached_on_temporary_stand_for_Dean_Court/?ref=eb

Cherries: Decision reached on temporary stand for Dean Court
    Friday 17th May 2013 in Sport Exclusive By Neil Perrett

CHERRIES are set to erect a temporary stand at Dean Court – with attendances determining whether the club will build a new permanent facility.

Chairman Eddie Mitchell confirmed the proposal had been discussed and rubber-stamped at a board meeting earlier this week.

The structure will accommodate approaching 3,000 seats and is expected to be in place for the first game of the new season in early August.

And a decision on whether the new stand will house home or away supporters will be made following further consultation with team manager Eddie Howe.

Should attendances increase significantly following Cherries’ promotion to the Championship, the club would then reconsider plans to build a permanent stand.

Original proposals to replicate the North Stand at the empty end of the stadium have been shelved in favour of building a bigger facility, should demand warrant it.

Co-owner Mitchell told the Daily Echo: “We are definitely going to erect a stand at one end of the stadium, on a temporary basis to start with. We have discussed it and are going to seek permission to put up a permanent stand.

“At this moment in time, we have got to experiment to see what level of support we are going to get. If we fill the temporary stand every game then we realise we will have to build a new one a bit sharpish. If we don’t sell it, we will have to think again.

“Unless we look to the next level, which we can’t really do at this stage, we have got to consider staying in the Championship and what support that will bring. We know what we need to get in there to make it worthwhile building a permanent one so we will find out this coming season.

“The temporary stand will be as near to a permanent one as you can get. We have worked out we need to either fill it for half the games or half fill it for all the games to make it viable to build a permanent one. We will just have to gauge what response we get.”

Meanwhile, Mitchell said co-owner Maxim Demin, who was present at this week’s board meeting, had expressed his delight at the club’s progress. Mitchell added: “It was his ambition to get into the Championship, along with mine, and we have done it so he couldn’t be anything else but pleased. We are looking forward to next season.”

Asked whether Demin had outlined his aims for the club, Mitchell replied: “They are exactly the same as mine and we want to stay in this league. It is a hard challenge for a club our size but we are trying to build so we can maintain our position at that level.”

REPORT THIS POST »    REGISTER/LOG IN »
    Talkingheadera says...
    7:20am Fri 17 May 13

It would be nice if maxim would speak for himself one day.
    What is it with these Russians and not doing interviews?

Red Sky says...
    8:09am Fri 17 May 13

TedMacsCherryPants wrote:
    Sounds like a fair decision to me, we don't want to saddle ourselves with a 'ghost' stand that does not get used as at some clubs.

I've just seen when the season starts, right in the holiday season, what a pain, I'm sure there will be many having to miss the first matches because of this!!!
    UTC!
    True, just look at Wigan who have 4 ghost stands and no atmosphere. Nice club but give me dean court any day.

matt68 says...
    8:16am Fri 17 May 13

Mike Oxbig wrote:
    I can't see us getting more than 8-9000 home fans at the sart of the season. Supporters of teams like Leeds and QPR should fill the temporary stand. But should we start floundering mid season and when paying teams like Peterborough, I can see the attendances dropping to an embarrasingly low figure. The vast majority of people in the Christchurch, Bournemouth, Poole conurbation could not give a stuff about AFCB. Regards.
    will we be playing peterborough in the cup then as they were relegated,like most of your comments complete rubbish

AFCBade says...
    8:38am Fri 17 May 13

Think a decent stand will attract new fans on a regular basis but a temporary one does little to encourage floating support so should be the away end

xslee says...
    8:38am Fri 17 May 13

smhinto wrote:
    The usage of a temporary stand will depend on the English climate and or weather or not this temporary stand is going to be covered or not.
    For example if it is howling it down on a wet Tuesday night or indeed any wet Saturday, an uncovered temporary stand will not be appealing to anyone.
    I do not believe that Mitchell has factored this likely occurence into his planning thesis.
    Do you seriously think that Mitchell, Demin, Howe, and anyone else connected with the club involved in this debate have not considered whether the stand will be covered or not ? Jee-suz, give them some credit.

''err, boss, we forgot to put a roof on''
    ''****, I knew we forgot something. And that smhinto was right, which makes it even more annoying.'

Verwoodcherrry says...
    8:54am Fri 17 May 13

Makes perfect sense to me, no sense in running before you can walk. There is close on half a million people in the area but it's not a traditional footie town. Id be looking at how best to attract these people to club and keep them there. Need some special offers to attract them. How many have ever been to DC? Lets get them thru the turnstiles....

AfcbBlues says...
    9:09am Fri 17 May 13

Leave it uncovered and shove the away fans in there....lets make it as uncomforable for them as possible, let them get away and miserable anything that may give our boys an extra edge nd chance of succes. I reckon Leeds, Reading, QPR, Palace or Watford, N.Forrest, Charlton, Millwall, Birmingham, Leicester, Brighton, that's at least half the division that should fill an open Away end.
  • Options
    Some very decent temporary stands can be built quickly now. That away end at Fulham which we filled is a temporary structure
  • Options
    Atleast it aint dulwich hamlet

• Options
    I think building a new stand based upon attendances next season will be a bit misleading if based on away support. It will be a new ground for a lot of teams, so there will be a case for "New ground syndrome" in their first season, assuming they dont get relegated of course. Would like to see them do well...its a nice part of the country to visit.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

AfcbBlues says...
    9:09am Fri 17 May 13

Leave it uncovered and shove the away fans in there....lets make it as uncomforable for them as possible, let them get away and miserable anything that may give our boys an extra edge nd chance of succes. I reckon Leeds, Reading, QPR, Palace or Watford, N.Forrest, Charlton, Millwall, Birmingham, Leicester, Brighton, that's at least half the division that should fill an open Away end.

Can't believe he's never heard of Sheffield Weds .......!