Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PFA awards

No Charlton in the Champ team apparently, 3 Palace.

Zaha player of the year

Comments

• Options
    another year solly goes under the radar
  • Options
    Zaha Speroni and Murrrraaaayyy?

Not surprised no Charlton we've only really kicked on the last couple of months and that Leeds right back will edge Solly out.
  • Options

another year solly goes under the radar

thats a good thing i reckon
  • Options
    More shocked that pritchard missed out. ;-)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    Surprised Zaha won it... really not convinced by him and he has lost form the last couple of months as well.
  • Options
    Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester City); Kieran Trippier (Burnley), Wes Morgan (Leicester City), Mark Hudson (Cardiff City), Wayne Bridge (Brighton &Hove Albion); Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace), Thomas Ince (Blackpool), Peter Whittingham (Cardiff City), Yannick Bolasie (Crystal Palace); Glenn Murray (Crystal Palace), Matej Vydra (Watford).
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Interesting that there are no Hull players, not that I could nominate one. It's silly that these awards are voted for in January or however early.
  • Options
    2 Leicester too. By there standards I'd say they have had a poor season.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Simon Francis and Leon Clarke in the L1 team of the year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whittingham?! Jesus
  • Options
    Who is that in the photo with Chrissie and Alex? New signing?
  • Options
    Think it looks like Micky Bennett. The bloke on the right has a cracking face mask!
  • Options
    Has Wayne Bridge actually been that good this season or do you think he got votes just because a lot of players couldn't name any other left backs?
  • Options
    You just have to look at the team to see it was voted for at least a couple of months ago.
  • Options
    Player of the year not player of the season. Hence voting in January
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    There's four wingers in that team of the year . Ince, Bolasie and Zaha are all arguably forwards - makes a bit of a mockery of it really.
  • Options

Has Wayne Bridge actually been that good this season or do you think he got votes just because a lot of players couldn't name any other left backs?

Can only go on when he played against us and I thought he was pretty anonymous - definitely would have Wiggins over him.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    se9addick said:

Can only go on when he played against us and I thought he was pretty anonymous - definitely would have Wiggins over him.
    This, I didn't even realise he was playing at the Amex. Wiggy's absence through injury did not help his cause. Can't lose any sleep over these awards tbh but i do know that some of our squad were worthy of a place and all of them will get a rousing send off next Saturday.
  • Options
    De Gea in Premier League Team of the Year?

Much improved, yes, but best in the country?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a timing thing, our players have shone after the votes were made, while Palace's have slumped. Bolasie may be a talented player, but his goal scoring record for an attacking winger is very poor.

Not sure what Bridge has done to be in the team, but can't think of an obviously better LB this season.

It's interesting that Cardiff have only 2 players, Hull none and Watford just 1! The top 3 teams in the league...
  • Options

It's interesting that Cardiff have only 2 players, Hull none and Watford just 1! The top 3 teams in the league...

Good point but as you say best three TEAMS rather than collection of individual.
  • Options
    Speaking of which, has anyone see the SPL player of the season shortlist? :-)
  • Options

Speaking of which, has anyone see the SPL player of the season shortlist? :-)

I thought it was a refreshing change to be honest. Let's be fair Celtic should have won the treble without trying this season and they're probably going to do the double with that effort as it stands. Why not recognise the achievements of players outside of those that are talked about every day of the week, even if they aren't as good ;-)

• Options
    edited April 2013
    The whole 'they vote in January' thing is a bit of a myth that gets rolled out every year. As I understand it, the voting takes place in March.
  • Options
    They had clarke carlisle on talk sport appologising for the stsnd up comic saying

Ni**er in his act when talking about suarez

You could not make it up if you tried really what a shocking thing to over look

The content of the stand ups act surely someone shouldve checked
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Whittingham?! Jesus

agreed .. lately he can't make the Cardiff starting eleven
  • Options

Leuth said:

Whittingham?! Jesus

agreed .. lately he can't make the Cardiff starting eleven
    Reputation?

Vydra wouldn't get in now and he probably hasn't been our best player throughout the season but got the goals when the voting was done.

• Options
    C_A_F_C said:

black guys in black ties.
  • Options
    And a black man using the n word in their showcase event

And it wasnt elliott