Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Solly in Championship team of the year.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Luke Young was a good player, without doubt. A very good passer and probably similar pace-wise to Solly. Humphrey was much quicker than either of them and was the king of the over-lap.

PS: Luke Young....another one that will be burning a BIG hole in the wages at QPR.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    LenGlover said:

Wot no Luke Young?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with comments above but find it surprising that one of our few England internationals does not even appear in the debate as to best right back.

Not in my book Len he was iffy when he first joined us and got lucky with his England selection at a time when a number of players were selected for friendlies and two different teams were virtually put out in both halves who in years gone by would never have had a look in. Our own Paul Konchesky springs to mind. Luke served us well though and was a good signing.
  • Options
    Like solly I don't remember luke young having too many bad games. Solid, dependable, and he did it in the prem and for England.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Wot no Luke Young?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with comments above but find it surprising that one of our few England internationals does not even appear in the debate as to best right back.

There's no debate Len, it's Johnny H.

Solly's a cracking player and will go on to play for England imo BUT at the moment JH is the holder of our best right back title.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

Wot no Luke Young?

Not in my book Len he was iffy when he first joined us and got lucky with his England selection at a time when a number of players were selected for friendlies and two different teams were virtually put out in both halves who in years gone by would never have had a look in. Our own Paul Konchesky springs to mind. Luke served us well though and was a good signing.
    Before we get too excited about Solly, remember Luke Young played against the likes of (younger) Giggs, Pires, Ginola, Joe Cole etc, a step up from what Solly has faced so far
  • Options
    edited April 2013

RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

Wot no Luke Young?

Before we get too excited about Solly, remember Luke Young played against the likes of (younger) Giggs, Pires, Ginola, Joe Cole etc, a step up from what Solly has faced so far
    Fair comment. I'm too old to get 'too excited' these days but compared to Bonds at the same age and you'll have to take my word for it that Solly's prospects are as good if not better. Luke Young was not as good as Bonds IMO England appearances or not and it is all about opinions :0)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

Wot no Luke Young?

Agree entirely.....took him a long while to settle after his big money move to Charlton, I was never entirely convinced though.
  • Options

Lock Solly in Curb's secret underground bunker until August...
  • Options
    Danny Mills? Bombed forward at will!
  • Options
    I feel that Solly still has a little way to go. I am not sure he would claim to be in the same league as Messrs Bonds, Young or Humphrey - certainly not yet. Looking at Lowton play for Villa last night, it would be interesting to see if he could make the step up as well as Lowton seems to have done. Of course, we would rather not find out yet!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Danny Mills? Got sent off at will!

True....

To be fair, I agree Mills is probably the best of the bunch - 19 caps for England, played well at a World Cup etc. But for injuries might have been more.