Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Varney heading takeover??

Comments

• Options

LoOkOuT said:

To clarify, I don't know anymore than the next Lifer, but I did just admit an interesting new member who's likely to pop by this Discussion in the near future.

Any hints in the 165 people currently on-line?

Is he going to sheikh things up?

As long as by 'things' you don't mean his Koc...
  • Options
    Is he going to sheikh things up?

We'll have to Kuwait and see.
  • Options
    Has it all been completed yet ? :-)
  • Options
    Cawley himself - if the username is correct.

Henry has his Paxman book on "Don't let the slippery bastards get away with it" open on chapter four already.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Is Cash is in the offing?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Interesting tweets.
  • Options

Cash is in the offy?

Is he getting some celebratory champagne I wonder
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    How many takeover threads have there been on Charlton Life in the last 6 years, is this one just going to be another one on the list, or does it have legs like Jerry Hall?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

To clarify, I don't know anymore than the next Lifer, but I did just admit an interesting new member who's likely to pop by this Discussion in the near future.

Evening, Reg. Tell us all.
  • Options
    Takeover thread appears at end April - just like sighting of Loch Ness monster at start of tourist season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ooh, I do love a good "who's buying us now" thread. Keeps me going through the summer :-)
  • Options
    Ah thanks Weegie, Henry should be auctioning off Charlton Life takeover rumours T shirts.
  • Options
    richcawleySLP joined.
    Welcome Aboard!
    9:43PM Comment
  • Options
    I hope if there is a takeover it's not by idiots with too much money and no understanding of football. The values I think the club still just about have will go down the toilet if that's the case.
  • Options
    If nothing else the strong end to the season might persuade someone that this is a club going places, with a good manager and a realistic chance of reaching the PL with some investment...
  • Options

If nothing else the strong end to the season might persuade someone that this is a club going places, with a good manager and a realistic chance of reaching the PL with some investment...

Spot on any serious investor with pots to spend would be nuts to overlook us.

• Options

richcawleySLP joined.
    Welcome Aboard!

I hope the RC backs up the Tweets with the copy of the Press Release. Hopefully, before I turn in for the night. Hopefully, it is not a made up press release.

I will be happy if it turns out to be true, but I still will believe it when I see it and it happens.

I can't find any mention of KEH Sports anywhere and not on the KEH website. What kind of a press release is it that only exists on the SLP and nowhere else on the web?

• Options
    A search for "KEH Sports" and "Varney" on Google link back to this thread the SLP... which suggests the "press release" is nowhere else on the web.

Exciting but mysterious. Looking forward to the new member here explaining how he got it - it doesn't break journalistic integrity to reveal the source of a press release does it? :)
  • Options
    Definitely some sort of hook being dangled here.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

And we are in eyeshot of the Thames Barrier and can be seen on tv live aerial views during the London Marathon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

richcawleySLP joined.
    Welcome Aboard!

I will be happy if it turns out to be true, but I still will believe it when I see it and it happens.

I can't find any mention of KEH Sports anywhere and not on the KEH website. What kind of a press release is it that only exists on the SLP and nowhere else on the web?

Of course its bloomin true !! It would have been put Cawley's way though, he doesn't monitor the world for minor press releases !

Not sure why you would he happy though, its just saying Varney has a job. Nothing to say it is going to Charlton related or.football related.

It could well be a complete co-incidence that Kuwati's have been rumoured looking at the club in recent months, though said rumours also suggested that interest had cooled.

Varney is widely respected, knows football and knows how to put takeovers together / oversee change. I expect them to be linked with a club relatively soon if their status and individuals are now being publicly put out there
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

And we are in eyeshot of the Thames Barrier and can be seen on tv live aerial views during the London Marathon.
    ... and you can make us out on the start/end credits of eastenders.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I heard gold and Sullivan were looking to sell soon so that a bigger investor could propell the spammers into a strong premier league outfit. The new stadium could well give them a big edge.
  • Options

I heard gold and Sullivan were looking to sell soon so that a bigger investor could propell the spammers into a strong premier league outfit. The new stadium could well give them a big edge.

Shhhhh... FFS!
  • Options
    New role for former Charlton chief Peter Varney
    Monday, 29 April 2013

By Richard Cawley
    FORMER Charlton chief executive and executive vice chairman Peter Varney has been appointed as the new CEO of KEH Sports Ltd.
    It is a newly-formed subsidiary of the Kuwaiti European Holding Company and Varney's role will be to oversee the group's planned and future investment in UK football.
    Dr Abdulla Alhumaidi, chairman of the Kuwaiti European Holding Company, said: "We are delighted to have secured the services of Peter Varney to this key new role in UK operations.
    "He has a wealth of experience in the football sector and I very much look forward to working with him on our proposed range of current and future football-related projects."

Must be true , look out for the camel hotdogs being sold in the West Stand car park on Saturday.
  • Options
    Well I can't be arsed with all the games tbh. Cawley has signed up on here & said nothing. He's having a good laugh at our expense, so I'll say no more, unless something looks more substantial relating to Charlton.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited April 2013

vff said:

richcawleySLP joined.
    Welcome Aboard!

Of course its bloomin true !! It would have been put Cawley's way though, he doesn't monitor the world for minor press releases !

Not sure why you would he happy though, its just saying Varney has a job. Nothing to say it is going to Charlton related or.football related.

It could well be a complete co-incidence that Kuwati's have been rumoured looking at the club in recent months, though said rumours also suggested that interest had cooled.

Varney is widely respected, knows football and knows how to put takeovers together / oversee change. I expect them to be linked with a club relatively soon if their status and individuals are now being publicly put out there
    I was thinking about a legit take over of Charlton which had some involvement from Peter Varney would make me happy, not the alleged job with KEH, though thats great and all. Not quite sure what RC gets up to or why he would be receiving a minor press release. Surely minor press releases hit the internet or else they are not making much of a splash or I am missing something there ?
  • Options
    vff said:

vff said:

richcawleySLP joined.
    Welcome Aboard!

I was thinking about a legit take over of Charlton which had some involvement from Peter Varney would make me happy, not the alleged job with KEH, though thats great and all. Not quite sure what RC gets up to or why he would be receiving a minor press release. Surely minor press releases hit the internet or else they are not making much of a splash or I am missing something there ?
    maybe @richcawleySLP could tell you ?
  • Options
    Lead to believe Cawley knows PV personally... So it may even have been PV himself who "tipped off" the SLP for an exclusive.
  • Options
    Will Eastbourne Borough become our feeder club then? ;-)