Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nail your colours to the mast survey

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sorry mate no can do. My pet hedgehog needs its toenails clipped ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    If you add 10 oz of indifference mixed in with 3fl oz of happy with Dowie this could leave me with a lumpy 'not happy but ok'. However, should I also add a half tablespoon of Stevie Brown's comments into the mix [when he said the players didnt seem to care], I think the lumpy mix could result in something that only the tango side of London would enjoy.

I spy anyone....?
  • Options
    Good debate guys.

Nice to see different views argued constructively and people accepting opposing views. Will be interesting later in the season who will actually be able to say 'i told you so' :-)

PS. Am interested to see what les reed has to say tomorrow.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2006
    I think he'll blame injuries.

I can't make it tomorrow as i have a work party to host but can someone ask why we are having so many hamstring related injuries? Is it just coincidence or something in the training.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    They will answer the hamstring injuries are new players who joined late and therefore did not have a full pre season with Charlton. (Pouso, Reid, Diawara).
  • Options
    B for me but with a glance at D

I have criticised Dowie on this board but also believe we have to give him time

Following the Arsenal game we have an International break before we play Fulham and then ten other sides that we can beat or draw. This has to be the defining part of our season and we supporters have to give the Team and the Manager our full support so by the New Year we in a more healthy position.

If I could suggest one thing to Dowie it would be to only play fully fit players against Arsenal so that you have the best chance of a stronger team to beat Fulham.
  • Options
    Debate indeed ... but we are shite ....
  • Options
    A/B

The only thing missing is a couple of results - don't forget that from the same games last season we achieved 4 points. I'm convinced Dowie will turn it around.
  • Options
    If we can't win at least 12 games between now and the end of the season then i will truly be lost for words.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]A/B

The only thing missing is a couple of results - don't forget that from the same games last season we achieved 4 points. I'm convinced Dowie will turn it around.

Absolutely...I was expecting 4 points from the first six games and we have three. The N Block Ultra isn't panicking.....C'mon you Reds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No panic either from the Red Barn massive. I have seen enough to convince me that we will get enough points when we start to get the players back, and we start to play the must win games.

I was expecting 6 points by now (Bolton and Portsmouth). However Portsmouth have been a revellation and will have a good season.

Put me down as a B please.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]A/B

Same here...No reason at all to panic yet :) Have been impressed with some of Dowies signings & the fight we showed @ Bolton. Showed us all it is there, despite the fact its gone missing a couple of times. I think with injuries back & a settled team we'll start moving up the table.
  • Options
    i didn't want to panic and was indeed all for giving dowie a fair chance. my opinion has however changed since i spoke to a mate who supports palace. whilst giving him the injuries/players playing out of position excuse, he said that this was the case at palace, with hamstring injuries in particular, along with strange tactics and people played out of position.
    i thought he was winding me up but have mentioned this to others who say that it is correct.
  • Options
    The only opinion that matters to me is that of the N Block Ultras, the voice of all TRUE CAFC Supporters, so put me down as an A/B too...
  • Options
    We havent got the same coaches that Dowie had at Palace, do we have the same physios, etc? I cant see why the hamstring injuries would be anything more than a co-incidence though. These people are professionals (both the players & staff), have highly conditioned bodies & I really dont think they'd let something like that become so common. When your body is that tuned anything so small can cause muscles to strain, etc.
    Playing people out of position, sounds like Curbs ;)
  • Options
    What players have we had playing out of position?

Did I miss Benty in Goal and HH up front with Hughes?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]What players have we had playing out of position?

Apart from Holland & Hughes actually starting I'm not entirely sure?
  • Options
    Put me down as a B. I agree with Large and I'd like to add that we're not the only team with few points. You can read what I said about Spurs on another post. What about WHam? They're certainly not Making It Big this season with their Fantastic signings are they? Don't think they'll make The Final this season. I'm making a joke of it because this whole thing's a joke. Just look at the top 6 - we've played five of them in our six games. We need to wait until we play some of the other teams. It's hard but we have to keep the faith, support Dowie and his team (whoever's playing) and we'll show the people beginning to moan how wrong they are when we get to have our run of games after the international break. We cannot judge until we have played 10 games starting with Fulham and Watford.
  • Options
    I am going for c/d yes he has been a bit unlucky so far; but my wife has just bought a blue car and the last time she did that (and I did protest) we were relagated FACT!!
  • Options
    B - it's a long season and we've been in this position before some people seem to forget...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    C and god forbid D .........

Id love a B..... if we could not just play well in starts but actually get some wins AND look god then we are were we want to be, and I think that' s were Dowie wants to take us, but that is very hard to do in the premiership... as someone mentioned on here the other day Curbs did that the year we went down, expansive football and plenty of puff but plenty of 1-0 loses.......

It will be a proper revealer when we get the full squad back together and then we can see what we've got, the absolute hope is that Dowies enthusiasm and blind faith still carries water, if we have been hammered plenty I would imagine the faith and belief stuff might be wearing a little thin...... I really hope its not........ Its confidence and that is only bred by results!!

So in conclusion I will go C........fingers fully crossed.....
  • Options
    A...he's done all the right things a new guy should do, brought some quality players in and at least made it look like we want to attack...a couple of back to back wins and everybody will be on a high...
  • Options
    welcome back ltgr !

the ultra optimistic option A was specifically wrote for you !
  • Options
    B for Me,

Reid, Pouso, Diawara should all make a difference when fit.

The team at Villa, with a coupla exceptions was the Curbs team and that was always going to struggle this season with a Hughes / Holland / Kish midfield.

Need more from JFH tho !

Would like another striker in Jan, still lightweight up front.
  • Options
    B & C for me.

Injuries are something you can't plan for and we've been hit hard with these, however, I have seen nothing that makes me think we're any different/ better than last season. We've played 6 games and played 6 different formations and systems in each game...he can't seem to make his mind up if we want to play narrow or wide in midfield and with a couple of players dipping below last seasons form we arn't looking good. Having said that 2 wins flys you up the table and it's still early to judge...
  • Options
    B, without question

We've played Man Utd, Chelsea, Portsmouth, Villa who are all up there, even if we lose to Arsenal on Saturday I won't be moaning or getting on Dowie's back. We find ourselves in a minor predicament but there is plenty of time to turn things around.
  • Options
    hi ya mate, sshhhhhh no swearing, this isn't NA : )
    See you saturday, we'll ask AFKA if we can join the N block ultras!!!!