Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stripey Nigels

Comments

• Options
    A depressing end to a depressing few days as a Charlton supporter
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think you're forgetting Rotherham won. I'm quite happy.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

As annoying as this is, Rotherham winning was all that really mattered today so it's still been a happy monday (for me anyway).
  • Options

se9addick said:

I think you're forgetting Rotherham won. I'm quite happy.
    Talal said:

se9addick said:

As annoying as this is, Rotherham winning was all that really mattered today so it's still been a happy monday (for me anyway).
    You're both right, I just still feel depressed after Millwall I think.
  • Options
    Ok now they've just got extremely lucky, blatant pen for handball.
  • Options
    Hoping Pardew's 1st three words in his post match interview are "we was robbed".
    (Actually, would rather he didn't appear at all.)
  • Options
    2-1
  • Options
    Wank! That probably puts the Palarse safe. Caps a fucking brilliant week that will only be made better with another 3-0 for us tomorrow.
  • Options
    The perfect weekend .. defeat to Millwall and Palace beat the champs ((:<)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nasri, Navas, Silva...all w@nk
  • Options
    well done Palarse, they are so far ahead of us now our feelings against then are immaterial but they are still stripey nigels
  • Options

supaclive said:

Nasri, Navas, Silva...all w@nk

So do most men in their twenties.
    & 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s ? .. not so sure about the 80s .. ((:>)
  • Options
    However much it might be painful to admit, Pardew is doing a qood job there. For example, I assumed Murray's time there would be finished after Warnock sent him out to Reading on loan, whereas under Pardew he's a key part of their attack...
  • Options
    Heard them say on Radio 5 earlier that Selhurst has the best atmosphere in the PL. Still recovering from hearing Pardew say on there yesterday that he could do a better job than every top 4 manager and that Palace were the only team in South london.
  • Options

Heard them say on Radio 5 earlier that Selhurst has the best atmosphere in the PL. Still recovering from hearing Pardew say on there yesterday that he could do a better job than every top 4 manager and that Palace were the only team in South london.

We take the pssss out of their ultras but at the end of the day they great a brilliant atmosphere that not only helps them win matches and keeps them in the Orem but it also attracts players etc.
  • Options

So many things in that post make me angry.
  • Options
    Palace's championship attendances were utter cack!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Palace's championship attendances were utter cack!

and so are ours!
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Still recovering from hearing Pardew say on there yesterday that he could do a better job than every top 4 manager and that Palace were the only team in South london

When you're the king, you can do anything

• Options
    Now that really does deserve a flag!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The latest on the Josh Harris takeover (CPFC recently announced a £23 million pre-tax profit on a turnover of £90 million in year ending June 2014):

BBC News, Tue 7 April

Crystal Palace takeover talks ongoing, says Steve Parish

Crystal Palace co-chairman Steve Parish has no immediate plans to sell the Premier League club, but says talks are ongoing with an interested party. The Eagles were linked with a takeover by American billionaire Josh Harris late last year. Parish says they only need investment in order to improve Selhurst Park.

"The only reason for us to get money in is to improve the infrastructure. There is no rush and we are in a good place. If it happens, it happens," he said. Parish, speaking to BBC London 94.9, added: "We've done well enough that I think we can fund the player things we need to do out of our own resources. We are long overdue some ground improvements. They are very costly. We need to make sure we get that done. If that means bringing in other people, and they are the right people, then we'll do it."

Parish has been co-owner and co-chairman of Palace since leading the CPFC 2010 consortium deal to save the club from extinction in 2010. The Eagles won promotion to the top flight in 2013 via the Championship play-offs and recently announced a pre-tax profit of £23m for the financial year to June 2014.

Harris is the principal owner of two sports teams in the United States - National Hockey League side New Jersey Devils and the Philadelphia 76ers of the National Basketball Association - and recent newspaper reports have suggested he is close to buying Palace.

However, Parish may remain at Selhurst Park, even if the south London club are sold.

Crystal Palace have played at the Archibald Leitch-designed Selhurst Park since 1924, and Parish wants to make "some major improvements" to the ground.

"It depends what the situation is - something else could happen tomorrow," said Parish. "Right now, the people we've spoken to want me to carry on being involved. If that's the right thing for the club then I will be. If a Roman Abramovich-type or Abu Dhabi person wanted to buy the club and was prepared to put that kind of money [in], then obviously it is a different conversation."

Parish is adamant that improvements to Selhurst Park, Palace's home since 1924, are his priority.

"I want to leave a legacy. A few years in the Premier League isn't my idea of a legacy," he said. "I won't be happy until we've made some major improvements to the ground and are a solid Premier League team. There's lots of work to do. We need to put more seats in and make us a better attended club as that gets you to another level. If we can get over the line in the league we can start making some really positive, bullish plans for the club."
  • Options
    More seats... these ultra chappies don't sit in the ones they have already.
  • Options
    I am just praying the deal collapses and that Pardew spunks millions in the summer on dross, they are relegated next year and their crowds dwindle away and they go back to being a crap club in Croydon on the brink of admin.
  • Options

I am just praying the deal collapses and that Pardew spunks millions in the summer on dross, they are relegated next year and their crowds dwindle away and they go back to being a crap club in Croydon on the brink of admin.

I can assure you, that will happen sooner or later.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I can assure you, that will happen sooner or later.
    You bang on with that. They are only on loan to the top flight and they always end up owing large amounts to creditors.
  • Options
    Interesting stuff in there about Smellhurst Park - would probably be cheaper to build a new ground than upgrade that place.

Parrish has a sentimental link to the place but Harris would not - interesting times could be ahead.