Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

does obika playing today mean he's coming back next season ?

Seems daft to have played him otherwise in what was basically a nothing game that we could have given a debut or run out to one of the next generation...obika could be the key we need to step up next season...he's got that goalscorers knack of being in the right place at the right time

Comments

• Options
    Would hope so after his initial few games he has been great
  • Options
    Wasn't Obika the one that the nigels were pissing themselves over when he arrived here? A previous failed loan there or something?
  • Options
    I'd like to see him back next season...but he is under contract at Spurs.
  • Options
    I think just because he started dosen't mean he is coming back. The squad was pretty much what it has been for the last few weeks with the only reason Obika got the nod is because of his goalscoring form, i wouldn't take has start as a potential signing.
  • Options
    Would like to have him back thought he worked well with Yann, can see him ending up at Millwall as they are desperate to sign strikers.
  • Options
    We're signing him
  • Options
    Great player
    Can't see it though?
  • Options
    Is he good enough to get into the Spurs first team or their matchday squad? They have better players so I think they'll be happy sending him out on loan again. Hopefully Spurs will want to keep him handy in case they need him and loaning him back to us will benefit all parties.
  • Options
    Agree with the Millwall comment, look at Hulse this season. Pleased to see he actually was given the chance to make an impact which he certaintly did, unlike some of our other short term loanees over the years.
  • Options

Sign: Obika and Gower.

Retain: JJ, Yann, Green, Harriot & back four

Offload: Haynes, Fuller, Waggy, Kerkar and all the other wingers.

Resuscitate: Hughes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guess Powell wanted to see how he did for full 90 mins rather than just 20 against tiring defence.
  • Options
    It was also the earliest goal that he has scored for us.
  • Options
    I spoke to Kermorgant, he says that Obika is his favourite of our strikers to play with. He also said that Obika is desperate to sign permanenty somewhere and Kermorgant hopes it's with us.

Here's a photo of my little brother with Obika on the pitch at the end of the game:

• Options

Which one is Obika ?
  • Options

Which one is Obika ?

The girl with the nice bum on the left : - ) (Morrison's Mrs!)
  • Options
    More chance Obika will be here than Fuller by the looks of it.
  • Options
    I just hope that he is with us next season, though Spurs are very short of strikers. I hope that Fuller's still here as well.
  • Options
    With BWP almost certainly leaving, there is room in the squad for both Fuller and Obika. Yann, Fuller, Haynes and Obika is a well balanced group of strikers in my opinion, with a nice mix of power, pace, skill, flair, commitment and goalscoring ability. The big question is would we be able to keep Fuller and Haynes fit most of the time or would we be better brining in someone who's availability would be a bit more predictable?

In fairness, the current team of physios has a very good record of managing players injuries and a full pre-season for Fuller would probably help him as his fitness got better as the season went on. Maybe he can get a shoulder op in the summer too. Haynes seems to be harder to stop from breaking.
  • Options
    Fuller won't be here.
  • Options
    Don't forget next season should be the one for Azeez and possibly Smith.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Ric is a bit too knackered and a bit too expensive to be worth keeping. But would like to sign Obika either on a permanent or a season long loan.
  • Options
    Fuller to go. Obika back on loan.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Wasn't Obika the one that the nigels were pissing themselves over when he arrived here? A previous failed loan there or something?

Yeah but in fairness he was there when he was only 18/19 though, quite clearly he's improved since then.

I'd like to see him back next season...but he is under contract at Spurs.

Spurs don't want or need him, no idea why they gave him a new deal
  • Options

I spoke to Kermorgant, he says that Obika is his favourite of our strikers to play with. He also said that Obika is desperate to sign permanenty somewhere and Kermorgant hopes it's with us.

Here's a photo of my little brother with Obika on the pitch at the end of the game:

That is great. He'll treasure that.
  • Options
    Unless he goes to Millwow of course in which case you've just ruined your little brother's life.
  • Options
    Obika has really impressed me and seems to have an excellent attitude and workrate. Hope to see him next season.
  • Options
    Chiedozie is Obika's middle name .. is he any relation does anyone know ?
  • Options

Obi One did good on Star Wars Day , May The Fourth be with you Jon.

• Options
    Obika today played the hold up role pretty well. Very mobile and gets in good positions.

I'd very much like him back permanently but understand he just signed a new deal at spurs.

Kermy, Haynes, obika and maybe smith and azeez next year. Options but maybe another striker needed

• Options
    Really looks hungry,fit and strong,and knows where the goal is.would definetley like to see him a permenant fixture.