Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best memory of the 12/13 season

As the season has come to the end i was wondering what your personal favourite memory of the season is ?

Mine has to be Birmingham away on the first day of the season, purely for the fact i had a cracking day out with loads of mates, with the sense of anything can happen, went absolute nuts when Cort headed us 1up, then feeling sick when Zigic scored in the 94th minute.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=n-_aUYurjGM

Also scoring a late winner against Wolves, who i can't stand at all.

Comments

• Options
    until today I would have said Danny Haynes goal at Leicester...........

now tied with Kermy's 1st goal this afternoon.
  • Options
    That moment against cardiff when the 5th goal had gone in and everybody was looking at each other in disbelief and huge grins and asking what the fuck is going on
  • Options
    cardiff 2 0 down thought we were down
  • Options
    Barnsley away, in the directors box, record away win, what could be better.
  • Options

7 0

• Options
    clb74 said:

7 0

:-)
  • Options
    Didnt do many aways this season so my first thought was the same as you.

Went mental with cort scoring that header. Sun shining. 1st game back in the champ. Players and fans going mental. Either that or watford away.
  • Options
    Cardiff will live long in the memory of all fans there that night, the fact it was my birthday made that game my moment of the season
  • Options
    Kermigants Goal V Leicester and Watford Away on New Years day.
  • Options
    Sadly only made it to one game this season, a boring 0 0 at home to hull. It was special for me though as I took my daughter to her first game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we went 0-2 down at home to Cardiff I feared that the team would be booed and there would be calls for CP's head. Instead the whole stadium lifted to "CAFC" and support for CP. The players, led by the fantastic JJ, responded and Cardiff looked shellshocked. Let's face it when you have gone two goals up away from home you don't expect the home supporters to act as if THEY are ahead. The most fantastic passage of attacking football against, let us not forget, the team who went on to be champions, left us 5-2 ahead. The added time when we let them back in with two goals was of course par for the course for us but for me that match was the turning point. I knew we could match the best, even though we struggled on occasions afterwards.

Wonderful season all in all and a great way to finish.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Probably Johnnie's winner against Watford on NYD. One of the most up and down games I've ever been to. Obika's winner against Leeds was also pretty amazing, after it looked like we'd thrown it away again!
  • Options
    My Aussie cousin was over for a week and his first visit to the Valley was Charlton 1 Middlesborough 4. Despite this, he wanted to go again and his next match was the Cardiff match!!!! What a wonderful evening. Thank you CAFC.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I dont think I'll ever forget the point in the Cardiff home game when we were 1-0 down and singing Chrissy Powells Red Army, then they score...!!... and we carry on singing straight through their celebrations, we were 2-0 down but not going to be beaten, we all know what happened but that feeling and belief in our team and manager will really stick with me
  • Options
    Charlton 5-4 Cardiff
    Watford 3-4 Charlton
    Barnsley 0-6 Charlton
  • Options
    8th December:

Burger in the West Stand with Ketchup and a splash of Mayonaise.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

Charlton 5-4 Cardiff
    Watford 3-4 Charlton
    Barnsley 0-6 Charlton

That lot , amazing.

• Options

When we went 0-2 down at home to Cardiff I feared that the team would be booed and there would be calls for CP's head. Instead the whole stadium lifted to "CAFC" and support for CP. The players, led by the fantastic JJ, responded and Cardiff looked shellshocked. Let's face it when you have gone two goals up away from home you don't expect the home supporters to act as if THEY are ahead. The most fantastic passage of attacking football against, let us not forget, the team who went on to be champions, left us 5-2 ahead. The added time when we let them back in with two goals was of course par for the course for us but for me that match was the turning point. I knew we could match the best, even though we struggled on occasions afterwards.

Wonderful season all in all and a great way to finish.

Agree entirely! What a game. Soooo many great away moments also. Roll on next season.
  • Options
    Cardiff at home, easily.
  • Options
    Has to be the cardiff game for me as well. Amazing night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, Cardiff.
  • Options
    Numbers said:

I dont think I'll ever forget the point in the Cardiff home game when we were 1-0 down and singing Chrissy Powells Red Army, then they score...!!... and we carry on singing straight through their celebrations, we were 2-0 down but not going to be beaten, we all know what happened but that feeling and belief in our team and manager will really stick with me

Similar to Spurs at home when we got relegated, singing Valley Floyd Road then Defoe scored and we just carried on singing.....fantastic moment
  • Options
    Airman mentioned in another thread how fitting that the true faithful away travellers like Les and Betty were there when we achieved our record 6-0 victory, and he is right.
    I like to think the true hard core HOME support who dragged themselves loyally to the Valley on that Tuesday, on the back of the Boro drubbing got their fitting reward too.
    Most of us that night had had a good old word with ourselves and went out to face it all. It was an evening so intense and visceral it can hardly be explained if you weren't there. Chris Powell told us after the game today about the value of togetherness in his group, and as an example of love and loyalty and sweat...and no little class, ALL of us together beat Cardiff that night.
    You don't get moments like that Cardiff match every season.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Airman mentioned in another thread how fitting that the true faithful away travellers like Les and Betty were there when we achieved our record 6-0 victory, and he is right.
    I like to think the true hard core HOME support who dragged themselves loyally to the Valley on that Tuesday, on the back of the Boro drubbing got their fitting reward too.
    Most of us that night had had a good old word with ourselves and went out to face it all. It was an evening so intense and visceral it can hardly be explained if you weren't there. Chris Powell told us after the game today about the value of togetherness in his group, and as an example of love and loyalty and sweat...and no little class, ALL of us together beat Cardiff that night.
    You don't get moments like that Cardiff match every season.

I wanted to write Cardiff and elaborate but you've done it for me Seth.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Seeing Plaaayer in a very gay shirt, and having a nice chat with gumbo.........
  • Options
    As expressed in the thread I put up "Our Day", it was today for me. I will never forget it. When my brother is older I'll show him the photos I took, I don't think he'll ever understand how emotional I felt watching him running after every player with the broadest of smiles, laughing his head off, on the pitch of our second home. Goosebumps.
  • Options
    Cardiff at home for me too. One of those really special and very surreal nights. The best atmosphere of the season in front of (and I may well be wrong here) probably the smallest amount of home fans.

Although in terms of moments rather than matches, Yann's penalty to complete the comeback against Bolton was not only fantastic at the time, but also with hindsight in terms of how important it was.
  • Options
    Home - Cardiff
    Away - Barnsley

You don't get too many games like these in a lifetime, let alone in one season.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Leeds at home, last minute winner as we know, three Leeds fans with me in the North upper and a splendid four days 'on it'

Leicester away, Kermogant sticking one over the Foxes and Haynes' wonder strike after coming on barely 30secs earlier. Watford away a close second.

But above all else spending yet another season with Ms Lat going to over 30 games together again this season, our 12th on the trot a wonderful privilege to spend with with my daughter
  • Options
    I loved the Cardiff game and the Barnsley game but I also really enjoyed the Blackburn game and away day and the successful logical challenge with all the snow.