Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Tomlin

edited May 2013 in General Charlton
Now Peterborough are sadly down suggest we sign this fellow. Everyone raved Boyd, this lad has a great deal in his locker too and an excellent playmaker!

Comments

• Options
    Plus their strike Gayle
  • Options
    I would take Gayle in a flash
  • Options
    Only Bostwick for me as Gayle would be unaffordable.
  • Options
    A slightly second rate Andy Reid, but a good player

Scored a cracker at the valley in our 3-2 win over p'boro 2 years ago
  • Options
    Love a player that really fills the shirt.

90% of our crowd should be able to relate to him!
  • Options
    Would take:

Tomlin
    Gayle
    Bostwick
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind Tommy Rowe either...
  • Options
    Agree Tomlin, Gayle, Bostwick and Rowe would all be good signings imo.
  • Options
    Only if he sheds a bit of timber.
  • Options
    No thanks, not better than what we already have and certainly not good enough for the next level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser, have a look at his goal today. Wow.
  • Options
    Got to be mad not to want him. Really good direct runner, and much like Andy Reid he's a hell of a lot faster than you'd ever give him credit for
  • Options
    Mendez-Liang (sp?) is also decent.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

RedChaser, have a look at his goal today. Wow.

Just have, good goal but Haynes and Fuller have equalled that this season. Saw him home and away and he never impressed me but it's all about opinions :-)
  • Options
    Vultures
  • Options
    Would rather keep and play Callum H next season, and spend any funds on a decent centre mid and striker, Michael M has had a few shaky moments this season, not just yesterday , do we need another centre back as well, or will he improve?

I know yesterday he was playing alongside a keeper that he doesn't normally play with.
  • Options
    Why look at players from a team relegated from the championship we need to be looking at better than that to improve this squad
    A
  • Options

Why look at players from a team relegated from the championship we need to be looking at better than that to improve this squad
    A

So you're saying if we were still in the prem you wouldn't want to sign Sean Maloney or Kone from Wigan if they went? You wouldn't want to sign Loic Remy from QPR ?

Just because a team goes down it doesn't automatically mean their whole squad is crap.
  • Options
    You think we could afford Remy? He won't be playing in the Camoonship next season - my guess is either Arsenal or Liverpool will sign him.

As for buying players from clubs relegated out of this division...that was how we picked up Clive Mendonca.
  • Options
    Spot on Buckshee
    'Just because a team goes down it doesn't automatically mean their whole squad is crap' and BFR re Mendonca.

The strength of Charlton is the sum of the parts, not a couple of stars surrounded by mediocrity.

As for Tomlin I have seen him progress from his early days as a raw youngster at Rushden and there is a bit of the Andy Reid about him......no bad thing! Still has room to improve and could add something to central midfield.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tomlin could be a good player for us
  • Options
    Nope i am saying whilst in the championship we should be looking to sign the best players we can not ones that have been relegated from it

Tomlin makes andy reid look slim
  • Options
    The best players we can sign could be at any club.
  • Options
    What a goal he scored yesterday !
  • Options
    Tomlin is a good player, for the Posh problems have been in defence not attack.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think his stocky build will always make him look a bit overweight. I suspect that Harriott won't be able to play 46 games a season at the age of 19 and Tomlin'd add another dimension to our attack, left or right wing.
  • Options
    Presumably you'd prefer him to either Yann or Obika then? Thanks but I'd stick with what we have.

As an aside, whilst on the subject of the "larger" player the Posh number 44 was a threat and gave Solly as much trouble as anyone this season. But would I sign ahead of Pritch? No thanks.

• Options

Nope i am saying whilst in the championship we should be looking to sign the best players we can not ones that have been relegated from it

Tomlin makes andy reid look slim

that means nothing. You normally speak sense but this is a bizarre comment.
  • Options

Presumably you'd prefer him to either Yann or Obika then? Thanks but I'd stick with what we have.

Was this directed at me? If so, Yann no but Obika maybe. All three are different types of players though so I don't understand what you're getting at.
  • Options

You think we could afford Remy? He won't be playing in the Camoonship next season - my guess is either Arsenal or Liverpool will sign him.

As for buying players from clubs relegated out of this division...that was how we picked up Clive Mendonca.

Who?