Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albert Adamoah

Thought he was very impressive yesterday. I can't see him remaining at Bristol City and I wonder if we would have a chance of getting him or would he be out of our financial reach?

Comments

• Options
    Him and Baldock will end up playing for top Champs teams next season, but I hope one of them comes to us, both decent players
  • Options
    Would take Adomah but wonder whether he might even get picked up by a team going up like one of the play off winners.
  • Options
    Would take him and baldock but we are probably potless so il keep wishing.
  • Options
    Vultures
  • Options
    Bristol have already quoted Palace 2.5m for Adomah so forget him.

Personally thought Baldock looked chuff and added nothing.

Have heard we are sniffing round Nicky Maynard on a season long loan. No idea on his fitness or whether it is viable.
  • Options
    We dodged one not signing Baldock it seems to me, based on his performances in both games against us.
  • Options

Have heard we are sniffing round Nicky Maynard on a season long loan. No idea on his fitness or whether it is viable.

Can't see Palace spending 2.5 million unless the unthinkable happens. If its true that Bristol want that sort of money even once reality kicks in and they half their amount we are certainly out of that race. How old is Maynard ? Would he be the answer ?

• Options

Can't see Palace spending 2.5 million unless the unthinkable happens. If its true that Bristol want that sort of money even once reality kicks in and they half their amount we are certainly out of that race. How old is Maynard ? Would he be the answer ?

There will be enough interest in Adomah to bump the price to at least 2m. Any deal will have add ons so in my opinion he'll go for at least 2.5m.

Maynard was great for Bristol City and West Ham but has dropped off the radar at Cardiff. No idea if that is due to injury or lack of form.

• Options
    My Son told me to watch out for him (Adamoah) and when he came on he impressed me, not many get passed Solly. I think we have an abundance of wingers though and if any money is spent it should be on the spine of the team especially centre mid.
  • Options

There will be enough interest in Adomah to bump the price to at least 2m. Any deal will have add ons so in my opinion he'll go for at least 2.5m.

Maynard was great for Bristol City and West Ham but has dropped off the radar at Cardiff. No idea if that is due to injury or lack of form.

Actually I think you're right. 2.5 would be right given that there will be quite a lot of interest. Not too many clubs outside the Prem have that sort of clout though.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maynard kicked his first ball for Cardiff yesterday since September after injury
  • Options
    Makes you wonder how much in the papers is agents using us to get their 'client' a better deal elsewhere, if 2.5m quoted for Adonah is true then he won't be joining us either, along with Tomlin or the Wordsworth and Baldock sagas of last summer.
  • Options
    Maynard broke his leg in sept, I think
  • Options
    Adomah's not too popular over there this season. Apparently his attacking play is on/off and his defensive work is completely non-existent. If he was always a threat going forward it would justify his refusal to help out at the back but sometimes he's utterly pedestrian. I don't know if he'd be right for us
  • Options
    Can't imagine any player being worth us spending £2.5m level. With that sort of fee you also pay big wages.

I trust Powell will continue to find bargains and good value for money. In most cases the players the likes of Leicester paid millions for aren't levels above our better players are they?
  • Options
    On the flip side, how awful was their RB Carey? For a minute I thought they'd signed Simon Francis...........................nice tache though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, none of their players caught my eye. Other than perhaps the fella who scored - he seemed to be fairly busy for a few minutes afterwards.
  • Options
    Yea the big ginger lad up front worked hard for them and showed a lot of heart. But that was it really.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Can't imagine any player being worth us spending £2.5m level. With that sort of fee you also pay big wages.

I trust Powell will continue to find bargains and good value for money. In most cases the players the likes of Leicester paid millions for aren't levels above our better players are they?

As our 6 points off them this season will attest...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The ginger lad who played up front for them impressed me. Looked a real handful and had a nice touch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we can identify what made us a promotion quality side in the last 6 games of the season and can replicate that next season we don't need to do too much.
  • Options

On the flip side, how awful was their RB Carey? For a minute I thought they'd signed Simon Francis...........................nice tache though.

Interestingly enough carey's namesake on the bench, also called Louis Carey (their sub keeper) was in my school team in primary school. He was the a team keeper I was the b team keeper. Nice to be able to say for a year I trained side by side with a pro footballer.
  • Options
    Strangely, because I was so impressed by O'Driscoll's Doncaster, I reckon City have a chance of returning next season. I certainly think he will have a better idea than Saunders at Wolves, who appears to me to be completely clueless.
  • Options
    Adamoah quoted around 2.5m. Prefer Obika who looked more all round game.
  • Options
    Nicky maynard 18months ago was sheer quality. If he still that player get him get him all day long
  • Options
    Thought Baldock was rubbish ... didn't care, no passion, and loved falling over ... no thanks