Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'Chris Powell Deserves all the Plaudits for the Second Season Running' .. Writes S/Times Columnist

Rod Liddle, a Millwall diehard and top columnist wrote this for today's paper:

'They should have struggled, Charlton; they spent very little, but ended up only the throw of a medium sized spanner (sic) from the playoffs'. (In the same article he calls Palace 'Nigels')

Thanks Rod and well said. I doubt if many Charlton fans would be so magnanimous if the places were reversed.

EDIT: The top few lines are missing for some reason .. refresh to read the lot

Comments

• Options
    Rod Liddle is a wife beating prick.
  • Options
    Awful journalist and awful man.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Rod Liddle is a wife beating prick.

What he said

Awful journalist and awful man.

Ditto
  • Options
    Always wary of someone called Rod. Spanner twat!
  • Options
    Don't you like him then? :)
  • Options
    It was a good article actually, on how football fans end up having to root for hated rivals, in this case Millwall wanting palace to win against Peterborough.
  • Options

It was a good article actually, on how football fans end up having to root for hated rivals, in this case Millwall wanting palace to win against Peterborough.

agreed. Certainly don't like his background or his history but the bloke is a pretty good journalist and writes some good articles
  • Options
    One of the most loathsome 'journalists' around. A despicable man.
  • Options
  • Options
    He writes for the Sunday Times for the same reason as Jeremy Clarkson. Because people read his column despite wanting to give him a slap and he can be amusing or provocative. On the odd occasion I have found myself agreeing with him. But he is no more qualified to write about football than Clarkson is, unless he is actually one of the 8000 or so who actually go to the Toolbox, (which he could be but I somehow doubt it).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He writes for the Sunday Times for the same reason as Jeremy Clarkson. Because people read his column despite wanting to give him a slap and he can be amusing or provocative. On the odd occasion I have found myself agreeing with him. But he is no more qualified to write about football than Clarkson is, unless he is actually one of the 8000 or so who actually go to the Toolbox, (which he could be but I somehow doubt it).

Surely your opinion on Liddle's credibility when writing on football matters is the Robby (or is it Robbie?) Savage one .. 'have you ever played the game professionaly ?' .. we all comment on football, the difference is that Liddle is well paid for his comments.
  • Options

Surely your opinion on Liddle's credibility when writing on football matters is the Robby (or is it Robbie?) Savage one .. 'have you ever played the game professionaly ?' .. we all comment on football, the difference is that Liddle is well paid for his comments.
    Robbie Savage is a Grade A knob - talks fluent bullshit. More concerned with being an unfunny character than offering any sensible oponions.