Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Waggy

I can't understand why we are letting him go. Played mainly on wrong wing this season but still played a part in our upturn of form. Behind Wilson who while not 1st choice, we paid 400k for. No kids play right wing, Pritch is out of position, so how much to improve our squad without him. Young and can score. Unlucky not to get one yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    Agree
  • Options
    Deserves first team football and for reasons SCP knows it won't be regularly with us. I like his energy and willingness and would be happy for him to stay but football is a tough old business and I think Scott needs to move on. I wish him nothing but success and happiness. He deserves it.
  • Options
    Think Pritchard does a much better job of playing right mid than many people give him credit for. Got yet another assist yesterday.
  • Options
    Are we definitely letting him go?
  • Options
    Get rid of Wilson, keep waggy. Simples
  • Options
    In the limited time he's played this season he hasn't let us down. Seems to have improved as a player when he has been on the pitch.

Like Green and Wilson he is inconsistent but is probably the cheapest of the three
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Saggy can't play full back. But on the whole I would agree to your suggestion.

• Options
    I presume we are letting him go so he can get some football. He can't be happy not even getting in most of the match day squads.
  • Options

mrbligh said:

Wilson can't play full back either!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

mrbligh said:

Wilson can't play full back either!
    Lol. Just saw I wrote Saggy. No offence Scott.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    There's not enough space in the squad for Pritchard, Wilson, Green and Wagstaff. All of those could claim the right wing spot but with only one place, it's not a surprise that both Green and Wagstaff have struggled to get game time.

It won't change next season, and with Wilson and Pritchard able to play effectively in other positions, I would suspect Green and Wagstaff to be let go this summer, should we find a decent winger for a good price.
  • Options
    he's at a stage where needs to be playing first team football, and if he wasn't wanting it i'd be really worried.

Good luck to him as he's a class act. Maybe one day he might return, never say never.
  • Options
    I'd keep him (budget allowing) but I don't think SCP rates him and if that's the case then perhaps he's be best leaving. I think he's capable of playing at this level though.
  • Options
    Will be our loss and someone elses gain..What a wonderful attitude he has.was busting a gut to score yesterday and was so unlucky not to.Good luck Scott!........
  • Options
    He hasn't played full back but that doesn't mean he can't. Makes more tackles/blocks than most and his ability to defend is another plus.
  • Options

he's at a stage where needs to be playing first team football, and if he wasn't wanting it i'd be really worried.

Good luck to him as he's a class act. Maybe one day he might return, never say never.

I'm sad to see him go, though in a sense I hope he doesn't return, because if he does it'll be because we're back in L1 again...

We do seem to have an excess of RM, a slight puzzle why we bought Wilson in the 1st place, as if we wanted cover for Solly, surely we should have bought a RB rather than trying to convert Wilson.
  • Options
    Hope it's not true and that he stays. Still young and improving, terrific engine, fantastic attitude and a natural goalscorer. Whenever he comes back into the team people end up remarking "why hasn't he played more, just what we've been missing, gave us a spark" and similar such remarks. Then he doesn't play for a while and people start saying "not good enough". Feel sorry for the bloke as I get the impression that he loves the club, but doesn't seem to be getting much of a look in under CP.
  • Options
    Just having lots of energy and constantly moaning at the ref is all he offers, agree to letting him go
  • Options
    We are moving on and improving as a club. It's sad that sometimes favourite players and club legends have to move on but that's football unfortunately. It would be more of a disservice to him to make him stay and rot on the bench/in the reserves when he can go out and play football instead. Did a great job for us and will be fondly remembered but we don't want to halt his career and we may be looking for better quality now. He's not a championship player IMO but a good League 1 winger.
  • Options
    Wilson IS a right back. Source: Lawrie Wilson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never even started a game at right midfield in the Championship. Pritchard "only" offered energy but look how well he has done at this level - and he doesn't (yet) offer a real goal threat like Wagstaff does.

Despite his weaknesses he was more likely to be a reliable player than Green at this level. Shame he was never given a chance, as no one has been consistent at right midfield. That said I'd like Pritchard to continue there, if he adds a few more goals he'll be even more important next season.
  • Options
    Wanted him to score so much when he came on yesterday. He was busting a proverbial to get on the end of anything he could. A great attitude in all his years here. If he is off, I can only hope that it's to get the game time he deserves. He's obviously a great part of the camaraderie we have in this team and will be missed.

If he stays, I'll certainly be happy to have him in the squad. All the best Scott :-)
  • Options

Wilson IS a right back. Source: Lawrie Wilson.

Maybe in Division 1 & I think he should be given another chance there ;-)
    Not good enough by a country mile for the championship imo

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I will be very disappointed to see Waggy go as I think there is a lot more to come from him but trust in SCP I guess.
  • Options
    I really hope we hold on to him as he is a great servant of the club. His energy and enthusiasm are always refreshing to watch, leaving me wondering why he fell out of favour. Having said that, I am a great fan of Pritchard!
    Thanks, Scott, if you do go but still hope you don't!
  • Options
    Birmingham want him according according to my mate who's friend's with wagstaff girlfriend.
  • Options
    Waggy is our Johnny Robinson. Shame he is going as his commitment was unquestionable.
  • Options
    Has anyone actually said he's leaving?

Thought not..................
  • Options
    Yes he told the guy in the thread stickied above.

Very disappointing. My personal favourite member of the squad. The longest serving member of the team.

Good luck Scott hope you find a club.
  • Options

Has anyone actually said he's leaving?

Thought not..................

He told me himself on Thursday!