Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pleased to see JJ ended up at the right club!

Comments

• Options
    I bet they didn't love him like we do ! Captain Fantastic: CAFC to the core.
  • Options
    Scoring with his right foot....
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Photoshop
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I spoke to him on Twitter about this goal and he told me it was a mis-hit!
  • Options
    purdis said:
    I'm also glad we didn't sign Michael Brown as well!
  • Options
    Spurs had Doherty in their team back then!
  • Options

Spurs had Doherty in their team back then!

My god, were we really that bad then?
  • Options
    One of my earliest vivid Charlton memories was that goal and I remember thinking "wow, he's going to be a good player".

I wasn't wrong. ;-)
  • Options
    I thought this thread was going to be about which night club the players ended up at yesterday ;-)
  • Options
    I remember when we got him on loan. He was struggling to get into the Notts County team. Then when we played County the following season, their fans were gutted he'd left. Odd that he was bench warming in league two when Parky signed him.
    I also remember he had cracking game away against Southend I think, then he got injured and returned to County. I thought that was the end of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JJ has proved a far better signing than I anticipated - it was just a question of playing him in the right place.
  • Options
    I had always liked him since the game discussed here,he also starred for Colchester when we lost to them at the Valley on New Years Day the season after we came down from the Prem.

As a natural left footer,I felt then he would have been an ideal replacement when Andy Reid went to Sunderland.

To be fair he wasn't bench warming for Notts County. He hadn't settled in the midlands because his wife had fallen pregnant and they wanted a move south to be close to family etc.

His months loan in 09/10 he was used as a makeshift left back to cover Grant Basey's injury, he too fell for the curse of the left back and pulled his hamstring in his fourth game.

I always felt it was a shame we could not have signed him then and added Gary Borrowdale as well because JJ as a CM I think would have pushed us over the line that season.
  • Options
    God, looking at that old Spurs line up makes me shudder.