Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How quickly squads change!

http://www.11v11.com/teams/charlton-athletic/tab/players/season/2011

People moan about players' wages but there is such a small window of income opportunity for many or most!

Comments

• Options
    Not many of those playing champ football now and only jenko and Elliot in the prem as far as I can see
  • Options
    Some real quality names in that squad. If we only managed to keep hold of them, we'd be in the play-offs now................looking to be promoted back to L1.
  • Options
    Doherty
    Francis
    Racon
    Semedo

All played over 40 games.
  • Options
    Doherty Llera and Dailly as centre halves - like a bad dream. Llera and Doherty were two of the slowest players I've ever seen.
  • Options
    How about this XI from that list of starters vs our current first team?

Worner
    Francis
    Llera
    Doherty
    Fry
    Ayinsah
    McCormack
    Racon
    Martin
    Noble
    Abbott

• Options

Not many of those playing champ football now and only jenko and Elliot in the prem as far as I can see

Neil Etheridge just been offered another contract at Fulham.

• Options
    Martin is a good player - would happily take him back.
  • Options
    It hurts to remember
  • Options
    One surprise is that Matt Fry, who seemed reasonable for us, went to Bradford, where he was released in 2012 and is now playing in non league
  • Options

One surprise is that Matt Fry, who seemed reasonable for us, went to Bradford, where he was released in 2012 and is now playing in non league

dodgy knee rather than ability sadly. Going US soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I saw that we had used 32 different players in the first team that year I thought that indicates an lot of chopping and changing in the team, leading to inconsistency. That wouldn't happen under the CP regime, I thought.

Just checked on Statbank and Nick Pope became the 33rd player to represent the first XI this season!

Shows how wrong you can be.