Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Romm

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
I've been critical of him of late, and the first goal on Saturday is exactly the reason why.

If you see the goal again, watch how the Villa player just walks around him before laying the ball out wide. Its just not good enough.

If your going to carry a luxury player, then he has a responsibility to deliver an end product offensively, and we are not getting that.

Comments

• Options
    Totally agreee.

He is the most frustrating player i have ever seen in a Charlton shirt! Every single one of us knows that he has the speed and talent to go past players but he just doesnt do it. He himself has even admitted he has not settled into the English game which is worrying after two seasons.

We are obviously trying to play like Arsenal of 98 with two really attacking wingers (Overmars and Pires) and two really defensive central midfielders (Vieira and Petit) but nothing has clicked yet. Once the roles have been properly defined and we have had a consistent team for a few games i think then i think that the system can work.

Until then, i'm a little worried.