Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life End of Season Thank You's - 2012/13

Comments

• Lookout and AFKA are stars, and every contributor too.
  • Well done once again folks. Charlton Life is the website to visit for all things Charlton. Infinitely better than the Official Site (which has gone backwards this year) and actually the place where I find all the breaking local news in addition to my Addick fix. We are a broad church but we are representative of our fan base, so always easier if we keep that uppermost in our minds when tempted to rubbish one another (I always think the person who might be winding me up is 8 years old which always helps). It's got to be good if we can keep the likes of Sparrows Lane, Budgie and Operation Pig returning.
  • My thanks to AFKA and Lookout for providng the forum, and to all who contribute. The match threads are something I look forward to doing and long may I be able to do so!! I'll have a summer rest and be back refreshed to start with one or two of the pre-season friendlies. It's interesting to see how many people follow the matchday threads on here, when there is also the ones on twitter and of course all the audio. Thanks for folowing me and making it a pleasure to do the match updates......have a great summer.

Cheers RedM

nice to meet you on Saturday Redmidland. Even though when I asked who was doing the match thread I'm sure you replied 'couldn't care less' or 'i dont give a $hit' ......

Thanks for all you do when you do 'give a $hit'. It really helps! :-)
    Nah @suziesausage you misheard I said "I'm doing it from my seat"...in a silly Spanish accent!!! ;-)
  • RedMs Midlands accent must be getting stronger. I'm sure he said Call Centre Manager but it turns out it was Car Park Attendant !

In fact I manage the call centre after I have parked all my staff safely.....its called caring and sharing management ...................(puke!!) ok Bugger I've been finally sussed!!!...............
  • In a time where our coverage is minimal, Charlton life is vital for many addicks across the south east, england and THE WORLD!
  • Thanks @TCE.......you sneaky sod!!
  • edited May 2013
    Massive thanks to Lookie & AFKA. The day that my work finally find out how much time on Charlton Life is the day I have to look for a new job!

Redmidland thank you and the other guys so much for the match thread. I don't think I've ever commented on one of them but follow it whenever I can, top top work.

HUGE shout out to Peanuts for the national tips. You have earned me some decent money Peanuts and the work that goes into your system and the way you describe it is simply incredible. Trust me it has gone far beyond CL. My family and friends are big admirers of your informative posts as well.

There are also posts that genuinely inspire. The marathon runners and anyone who has anything to do with raising money for The Upbeats are simply bloody fantastic in my eyes. Some of the posts on abuse (in any form) have genuinely bought me to tears.

To all of you fellow Addicks that have shared their experiences on a number of truly horrible issues and family problems and losses, you are the real heroes in my eyes. Some of them I have very close associations with and to read others thoughts has really helped. As hard as it must have been, thank you so much for sharing.

It's what makes us Charlton. We'll never be a Millwall or Palace. We are so so much more than that.
  • My little 'un said "is Charlton Life like facebook for Charlton people"?

I reckon I spend as much time on here as my Mrs and eldest daughter do on facebook so she must be right!

Many thanks to all the in-putters and out-takers its been emotional!
  • Love Charlton and I love this forum which is very addictive.

Thanks to all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just love this site ! Find myself saying " Well, on Charlton Life ...." several times a day as if it's the fount of all knowledge ( which of course it is ) and then watch the listener's eyes rolling again ...The girl can't help it !

And love meeting new Lifers even though I'm rubbish at remembering who they are ...except for those who buy me a drink ( or even a bottle, Delroofer, you lovely man !) but even more, hearing "Fanny !" called out ....even though it might be a plaintive cry not meant for me !

So, keep up the fantastic work, AFKA, Lookie and all those regulars who contribute more than mere posts - wish I could help out but this old Fanny has a lot on her plate at the minute, albeit that we're working to the same end.

Happy Hols, one & all.

• Fanny Fanackapan: Because you're worth it!
  • delroofer said:

Fanny Fanackapan: Because you're worth it!

You're a gent, Sir !

• Thanks AFKA & Lookout for providing a great Forum.
  • Thanks to all who keep CL ticking over and for all the contributors wherever you are. Being an overseas Addick CL is what I rely on for getting my news, views and information.

A happy summer all.
  • Thanks to you all.
  • Such a unique forum and I hope you all have a fantastic summer which is no less than you deserve. The Wouldya's and Random Picture Friday has made Charlton a legend in my office of Gooners, Spuds and other unfortunates! Looking forward to the new season already!
  • Big thanks to everyone who contributes, organises, does the match threads and the rest that make this site so ADDICK TIVE .
  • I reckon most on here love a bit of fanny

I know I do
  • Fantastic forum and certainly makes my day pass quicker....there isn't a day goes by when I don't look on here. Some great work done by lots of people (already all mentioned above)

Cheers AFKA / Lookie, keep it up
  • Sponsored links:

• This site is a national treasure and shd be subject to a preservation order and lottery funding. Speaking of which (apologies if I missed any discussion) has anything further come of the idea for a subscription of some kind ?

Total respect firstly to our genial hosts, of course, and to all the stalwarts who contribute to making CL the magnet that it is. Have a good summer, all, and here's to next season - I've got a feeling in my left one that May 2014 is going to see one almighty celebration !!

• Thanks to AFKABartram, Lookout and everyone else who contributes to making Charlton Life, in my opinion, the number one Charlton site. This site is an invaluable source of Charlton information, particularly for those of us living outside South East London.
  • Dizzle said:

I would like to thank JT for entertaining me on a daily basis

• And there he is!
  • Thanks for having me back.
  • not sure what I'd do without this site :D would certainly have a lot more DIY to do..
  • Thanks guys. Many of us are a long way from The Valley and really appreciate this site. It's a way of still feeling part of the club. I don't read any of the other CAFC forums as this has all that I need. Should be back for the first game of the season so maybe I can meet a few of you in the Lib.
  • A brilliant forum and a huge thanks is due to all those that started and run it, especially AFKA (not least for permitting me to drone on and on about a particular sporting interest every spring).
    Also, major thanks to those responsible for the match thread. Great job guys, hugely appreciated by many.
    Have a great summer.
  • Special thanks to a special person.... Nathan
  • Thanks to all involved. CL is a 'favourite' in every respect