Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

U17 Bulgarian keeper Mitov, Edwards, Gomez and Other Scholars Sign

Highly-rated Bulgarian keeper Dimitar Mitov heads Charlton’s new scholarship intake ahead of 2013/14 http://ow.ly/kRNFn (GH) #cafc

Comments

• Options
    Captain of Bulgaria U17s. Interesting.

"England starlets Joe Gomez and Archie Edwards also step into the senior academy ranks where they will be joined by Emmanuel Afolabi, Aaron Barnes, Sevdar Bokciu, Regan Charles-Cook, Brandon Hanlan, Connor Leon, Alex Kelly and Joshua Umerah."

Great news about Edwards too. Must've decided to stay?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Profiles on the OS

Appears Arsenal nicked one of our keepers but great news about Archie Edwards.

Welcome to all of the above.
  • Options
    Who's the keeper that arsenal have nicked?
  • Options

Who's the keeper that arsenal have nicked?

Ryan Huddart

• Options
    I saw Archie playing at left back against Colchester. Looks a prospect once he fills out and gets more high level experience. I had heard he'd gone to Chelsea, but this is good news.
  • Options
    Sounds crap.
  • Options
    Yes, it had been thought that Archie Edwards had joined Man U, so it's good news that he decided to stay. Interesting that we're scouting far and wide for new recruits, I wonder where Mitov was scouted from?
  • Options
    The youth set up looks to be very strong. Great to hear that Jason Euell is having a good impact with the U16s.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options

I wonder where Mitov was scouted from?

PFC Chadvar Etropole
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I wonder where Mitov was scouted from?

PFC Chadvar Etropole
    Do we have scouts in Bulgaria, or did Kishishev push him our way?
  • Options
    I suspect we have a free lance scout in Eastern Europe or we're scouting international tournaments as we also signed Rouamba from Moldova and had Osman Sow on trial.

Or they all have a very pushy agent
  • Options
    I suspect the Bulgarians agent has had him whored round half a dozen clubs for trial periods over the last few months.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Anyone remember the name of the young Hungarian keeper we had on our books back In the Prem days? Another one who was talked up and then disappeared without a trace.

Anyway, welcome Dimitar - hopefully he'll fulfill the potential the scouts have seen in him.
  • Options

I suspect the Bulgarians agent has had him whored round half a dozen clubs for trial periods over the last few months.

don't tell Nigel Farage

• Options
    Does this mean these kids are actually properly contracted to us now or can they still be poached like Chelsea did with Palmer?

If so then fair play to Archie Edwards for choosing us over Chelsea and United.
  • Options
    Think it was actually City, not United. Didn't hear anything about Chelsea but who knows.
  • Options
    Arsenal only buy rubbish keepers so doesn't say much for poor old Ryan Huddart!

I seem to remember that RM said in last yrs Bromley Addicks that when Arsenal bought Jenkinson part of the deal was that they would not nick any more of our kids, they promptly tried to steal one of our keepers...I guess this is him a year later?

Have the lads mentioned above actually signed deals tieing them to the club or can they still be pinched away by other teams?
  • Options
    until we have them down on a pro contract i think they can all be pinched, but i think there is greater financial protection for us if they are.
  • Options

Anyone remember the name of the young Hungarian keeper we had on our books back In the Prem days? Another one who was talked up and then disappeared without a trace.

Found him, just incase anyone else gives a crap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the Hungarian keeper was Kemenes Szabolcs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szabolcs_Kemenes
  • Options
    Glad the thread title was changed as totally misleading! Great news about Gomez and Edwards and Roberts is lauding the bulgster so good news all round.
  • Options
    Well chuffed. Gomes is the real deal people!
  • Options
    It's a little known fact that the Bulgarian keeper plays without gloves......
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Well chuffed. Gomes is the real deal people!

Have only seem Gomes a couple of times but he looks excellent.
  • Options
    Loved Gomez in the Adams Family.
  • Options
    Whippin' Picadilly
  • Options
    Congratulations to all the new scholars, there are some exciting prospects in there, once again proving the quality of the Charlton Academy set up and coaching staff, good luck to them all in their careers
  • Options
    I have a Jarni Tanska shirt at home signed by the squad. He was going to be the next Hyppia. Don't believe the hypp.
  • Options
    Jani Tanska has been at TPS in Finland for a season and a bit, they finished 3rd in the Finnish league... :-)