Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How would the table have looked after 80 minutes?

edited May 2013 in General Charlton
Found a football blog tonight (http://notbottomline.wordpress.com/) and it has an analysis of the major leagues and if their games had finished after 80 minutes. That included the Championship but was only up to date to the beginning of April. So I thought I'd manually fill in the final 6-8 rounds of fixtures and for people interested enough, here is the league table that came out...

Didn't do GD and all that stuff..... just the points. I do love my stats but I'm not THAT sad. :-)

Comments

• Options
    Given the late Leeds and Wolves winners, we're probably about right then. Peterborough though, they must have a lot of regrets.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    After eighty minutes, we were beating Leeds 1-0. Varney's equaliser was in the 81st minute, I didn't realise it was that late in the game. Of course, Obika scored even later!

Four most interesting teams for me are Leeds, Forest, Peterborough and Blackpool.
  • Options
    So get in Leeds' fitness coach is what the stats tell us!
  • Options
    The stats tell us to AVOID their fitness coach! We wanna get Blackpool's fitness coach in, our Forest's. :-)
  • Options
    So who would be top at 60 minutes a game?
  • Options
    Peterborough.
  • Options
    reckon we would have been top two on 85 mins.
  • Options
    Massive jump for Peterborough - suggests their players just aren't fit enough.
  • Options

A mix of fitness and changing tactics effectively. They just do not defend.

• Options

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, can't believe Blackpool !
  • Options

The stats tell us to AVOID their fitness coach! We wanna get Blackpool's fitness coach in, our Forest's. :-)

Yeah, oops. Should have gone to bed earlier, obviously tired!!
  • Options
    Ans if my auntie had.....

I'm actually surprised at how little difference it makes to be honest !
  • Options

I'm actually surprised at how little difference it makes to be honest !

I didnt believe it so i had to work it out myself and it is correct.

We would have beaten Boro away (+2 point), drawn with wolves at home (-2 points), beaten wednesday at home (+3 points) and beaten huddesfield at home (+2 point). So we would have gained an extra 5 points.

Both Birmingham games, despite their late equalisers in both games, were both 0-0 at 80 mins.
  • Options
    Obviously Powell is unable to utilize the substitutes properly.

Powell out.
  • Options
    Yeah, but that's just 80 minutes. In this hypothetical situation there would still have been, say, an average of 3 minutes extra time, so you'd really have to look at the situation after 83 minutes I guess.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

As I've said before - Peterboro, first 7 matches = 7 straight defeats.
    Just one draw in those 7 matches would have saved them from relegation.

If ... they had averaged even just a point per game in those first 7 games, it would have seen them finish in comfortable mid-table on 61 points.

A decent upper mid-table start (like Wolves) and they may have even been challenging for the playoffs!

Their first 7 matches done for them - they just couldn't quite catch up.