Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it just me? I don't care two hoots about the FA Cup Final.

I used to love the FA Cup Final when I was younger. Maybe, I am just getting old.

Comments

• Options
    I think the fact that we have been so awful in cup competitions over recent years that we feel that way. I am sure if we would of had a day out at wembley in the last 10 years we might feel differently.
  • Options
    Same, I used to love watching Wembley Way on TV, and seeing how each team got to the final. I'm not sure of the last one I watched, I think when Portsmouth won as I had money on it. This year's hasn't even registered, will probably be reading.
  • Options
    and why can't we have fans of each team doing an It's a Knockout Special?
  • Options
    Fa cup final whens that ?
  • Options

Fa cup final whens that ?

It won't be long before there'll be people saying "FA Cup Final? What's that?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When the season ended, you used to be able to look forward to the FA Cup the following week with the whole weekend practically dedicated to it, now it's been relegated to a bit part place in the season with a later kick off and after a Prem game the same day before it.

Just doesn't cut it anymore
  • Options
    I'm hoping there'll be a change in attitude towards the FA Cup soon. In the media, quite a lot has been made of the fact that Wigan have a huge distraction of potential relegation - a distraction that can't happen when the Cup final is the last game of the season. The fact is, Wigan probably see avoiding relegation as the priority, especially as they are such rank outsiders to win the cup. Like the OP, I used to love the Cup Final as a kid, it seemed everyone did. It saddens me that the cup has become so devalued in recent years.
  • Options
    Managers have cheapened it by playing Reserve Teams.
  • Options
    It's a poor tournament now not much magic happens apart from the early rounds. Semis at Wembley make the final itself less of an event and why on earth do they kick off at 5.15 when there's no 3pm games today?
  • Options
    Never ever been to one and I am really looking forward to it hoping for a good game and to take it all in never know the next time it might be Charlton there

I will be long dead by then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It has lost his magic, although if we got to the final, I'm sure I'd be excited. Not sure, I'll even watch today's match - used to be a highlight for me as a kid. Shame!
  • Options
    Cup final day was never the same after they stopped showing the pre match wrestling.
  • Options

and why can't we have fans of each team doing an It's a Knockout Special?

But who would you get to present it?

• Options
    Jimmy Tarbuck.....Oh Sh*t!
  • Options
    Rolf Harris then.......Oh B**ger!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Mother Teresa - i'm desperate - Oh no, she's dead - Maybe not such a good idea!
  • Options
  • Options
    Times and priorities change , the cup isn't the big thing it once was (maybe still is for nolly) for all footy fans not just us
    The league has become a lot more important than the cup
    Don't know how they'll change it because they won't give that 4th Champions League spot away to the FA Cup Winners which would give it a bit more of a prize
    Such a shame because they were big days I remember as a kid in the eighties , the build up , tv crew on the coach for the cup final journey , picking who you wanted to win and it was the showpiece of the season .... .... Aaaah the memories
  • Options
    It should be held after the end of the football season. Absolutely ridiculous that it is held when teams have important matches left to play. The kick off time is also wrong. It should be at 3.00pm.
  • Options
    Didnt even realize it was today until just reading this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    shine166 said:

Ditto................and hand on heart, I couldn't have told you who's in the final. :-/
  • Options

shine166 said:

Ditto................and hand on heart, I couldn't have told you who's in the final. :-/
    double ditto
  • Options
    This week has been all about Fergie, the cup seems to have been forgotten. Also having league fixtures on the same day and another round of fixtures the following week has devalued it immensely.
  • Options
    Until about an hour ago I thought it was Wigan v Chelsea
  • Options
    The Champions League final has taken over from the FA Cup final in terms of importance.

FA Cup now just doesn't feel that important anymore.
  • Options

Until about an hour ago I thought it was Wigan v Chelsea

You've changed.
  • Options
    It would be interesting if it was a premier league side vs a lower league side - i.e it had the 'magic of the cup' about it.

I'm sure most of us watched Bradford vs Swansea. Wigan City doesn't have the same appeal does it?
  • Options

. Wigan City doesn't have the same appeal does it?

Neither does Man City...................
  • Options
    Forgot it was on until yesterday. I get that they agree not to use Wembley for two weeks before the Champions League final, so move the game somewhere and/or have it on a different day, don't have it on a league weekend.

I'm too young for the 'It's one of the only televised games/all day event' days but it was still something special growing up.

I liked the idea of giving the FA Cup winners the 4th Champion's League spot, teams would soon start taking it seriously again. Wouldn't even mind the final on a weekday night if it meant it was the only game on and more of an event.
  • Options
    FA's fault... Grown up loving it, always been a big day with the old man and his mates. By putting other games on the same day and moving KO to 5.15 it's dying a slow death