Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Dollars - preferably coins

If anyone has any current US coins in reasonable quantity, I am willing to buy them from you - I am off to Florida shortly and will need coins for the Toll Roads, as I know that I will forget at the airport. PM me if anyone can help. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    PaulCAFC said:

If anyone has any current US coins in reasonable quantity, I am willing to buy them from you - I am off to Florida shortly and will need coins for the Toll Roads, as I know that I will forget at the airport. PM me if anyone can help. Thanks.

If you are going to the Miami area, (and Tampa, I seem to recall), then coins won't help you. The toll roads there are now all fully automated. You either have a SunPass or pay on-line. Or, really annoyingly, pay your car rental company a daily fee to use their SunPass! This is all crap. But I got around it by just not using the toll roads in Metro Miami.
    BTW, check out to see what the latest situation is with the Florida law cock-up that insists you have an international driver's license (sic). This to ensure that Florida State troopers can read you licence, Florida State having seemingly forgotten that (a) UK licences are in English and (b) most Florida plod don't speak English anyway! The law is supposedly not being enforced ..... but who knows!

• Options
    I forgot to say, most toll plazas that aren't fully automated still have manned booths that accept notes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    IDP got cancelled so no need to worry on that front.

The first few toll roads from Orlando International to Kissimmee were all manned and gave change
  • Options
    Thanks for your help on this. I got my IDP and it was like my father's old handwritten red covered driving licence from the 50's and 60's - really going back in time with the photo glued inside....pretty pathetic really!