Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JFH knockers

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
lay off. Had our only two efforts on goal Saturday, both well saved. May not have done much else but if either of those had gone in we'd have been singing his praises. Far worse out there to have a dig at (ElK,Fortune,HH,Hughes,Holland).

Comments

• Options
    "JFH knockers"

He's a bit on the plump side but he hasnt quite reached that stage yet!!

I think the main problem with JFH at the moment is not his talent but his basic ability to hard graft. The situation that we are in we need all 11 players to be chasing for every ball and working for the whole team.

I don't know if its just the persona of the bloke or something else but sometimes he just doesnt seem interested. There is no doubt he is a class player, as is shown with his Premiership record but i think we should try 4-5-1 to tighten up the midfield and grind out a few results.

Starting with Arsenal.....(oh god)
  • Options
    Thats the point though.

He is a luxury player, does no work and generally looks fed up.

If he did nothing all game and then banged in a goal I wouldnt mind (like Chelsea away) but he doesnt.

If Darren Bent had either of those chances on Saturday he would have tucked them away.

I think I have seen enough of Jimmy's knockers this season.
  • Options
    The problem with having JFH is the fat mug is doing no running and leaving it to Bent to do. Which is fine IF he is scoring.

With Bent running down the wings etc he is not going to score and we are doing the defenders job for them.

Do what McLaren did with JFH last season - play him - put him as sub for a few games - start him - etc.

I know the other options are not great but it is ruining Baby Bent
  • Options
    the reason he is being knocked i think is that we know he is capable of that much more. Hughes, Holland etc i'm not sure we can get more out of them than we already see.

But we know what JDH is capable of doing, and at present, we haven't seen it. Its disappointing.
  • Options
    As a complete aside- JFH is working as a pundit on ITV4 tommorrow evening for the Arse game.

A good reason for wanting to be in London?