Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford v Leicester City .. Play-Off Second Leg

Comments

• Options
    Can't believe people think that was justice after the way Watford have carried on this season.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

This was surely more dramatic than the Brentford/Doncaster game - Watford's goal at the end was crucial in changing the outcome, whereas Doncaster didn't actually need to score in their game as a draw would have taken them up anyway.

Although sickening, Brentford still have a shot at promotion too. Leicester's chance has gone for the season.

Can't believe people think that was justice after the way Watford have carried on this season.

Agree with this. Cheating and diving all season. Would've been funny if Knockaert tucked away the penalty.
  • Options

I agree .. but during my life I have learnt that the idea of 'justice' is just an illusion .. how philosophical .. it's only football
  • Options
    Football is un fricking believable. I begrudge saying it but well done Watford. Hope Brighton spank you.
  • Options
  • Options
    SCP will do something special if given time and money. If he doesn't get either here he'll get it at Leicester. Still confident of him being our manager this time next year. Think the man has more class than to leave a job half done.
  • Options
    Never let a left-footer take a penalty in a high pressure situation - history is littered with failures, often saves to keeper's left. Gray, Rix, Brady, Pearce, Waddle, Robben, Knockaert...and er, the hundreds of others.

No coincidence that German sides never use left-footed penalty takers - even left-back Brehme in the 1990 WCF, when Matthaeus bottled it, used his right!
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Never let a left-footer take a penalty in a high pressure situation - history is littered with failures, often saves to keeper's left. Gray, Rix, Brady, Pearce, Waddle, Robben, Knockaert...and er, the hundreds of others.

No coincidence that German sides never use left-footed penalty takers - even left-back Brehme in the 1990 WCF, when Matthaeus bottled it, used his right!

good spot .. mind you, I always thought that Brehme was just playing the role of arrogant Hun .. like Ronnie O'S taking pots left handed .. but he's not a hun of course
  • Options
    JT said:

'kin hell, I think Zola likes a drink. Fell over when they scored against us as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was a terrible penalty, way worse than Yann's attempt.
  • Options
    Looks like we might have a new French player for next season...
  • Options
    God I love (the) Football (League)
  • Options
    Say what you want about Watford and their theatrics...this breakaway goal was absolutely outstanding.

• Options
    French...AND his name starts with a K!! How many signs did Leicester want!!

Great game. The two extremes of emotion for those fans, both of which we know well.

P.S. Would gladly see him join our own Special K next season!
  • Options
    Apparently the same referee as for Brentford/Doncaster a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Gutted I missed it, was at a school's summer fayre on the fire engine
  • Options
    WOW!

What drama and whilst I didn't get on the pitch that was probably the most crazy minute or so of football I've seen live.

Just summed up the Championship really.

Need to finish the job at Wembley thoug (and start saving up looking at the prices!)
  • Options

WOW!

What drama and whilst I didn't get on the pitch that was probably the most crazy minute or so of football I've seen live.

Need to finish the job at Wembley thoug (and start saving up looking at the prices!)

Wow - home already, weird, as I said earlier, you should be barred from promotion cos too many empty seats
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JT said:

That's a blatant dive by Zola.
  • Options

WOW!

Wow - home already, weird, as I said earlier, you should be barred from promotion cos too many empty seats
    Well it is sometime after the match finished - live about 20 minutes away.

• Options

WOW!

Still weird, hey ho
  • Options

WOW!

Rushed back to tell his mates on all the rival football forums about his day out. Some might say sad but..........
  • Options
    Congratulations Super_Horns.

Hope you have a great day at Wembley. Good to have posters like you on this board.
  • Options

WOW!

Why should attendance have anything to do with why a team should/shouldn't get promoted
  • Options

WOW!

Rushed back to tell his mates on all the rival football forums about his day out. Some might say sad but..........
    He's been a member here three years longer than you Stan.

• Options
    A sea of yellow awaits the winner of Brighton v palace
  • Options
    Congratulations Super Horns, enjoy that Wembley feeling.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

WOW!

Why should attendance have anything to do with why a team should/shouldn't get promoted