Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Giro d'italia 2013

Who is the bloke that use to do the cycling commentating alongside Sean Kelly on Eurosport? It just is not the same without him.

Still, really enjoying this years race. I think Wiggins and Sky have got their work cut out to win this one.

Comments

• Options
    Great TT by Wiggins yesterday, would've gained even more time if he didn't have that puncture. However Nibali is on very good form and will be very tough to beat in the mountains.

Wiggins fall in stage 7 unfortunately will probably end up costing him the race overall, he's playing catch up already.

I've also been surprised by Evans, I reckon he could really challenge for the win.
  • Options
    It's a really interesting Giro, contenders are losing chunks on routine days. I'd be surprised if Evans is able to compete in the final week, when some big days including the final day, will be looming. When it get's messy in the mountains his teams have always left him isolated.

Looks like on every descent they're going to try and isolate Wiggins as well. Sounds like it's going to work as well. For me it's really hard to see that anyone has the support and team to beat Nibali. If he's TT'ing like yesterday, he's going to put chunks into Cadel and Brad in the mountains.
  • Options
    More precious time lost today for Wiggins with team mate Uran breaking away Froome style to take the stage and leapfrog Brad in the GC.
    If he (Wiggins) turns this around it will be a remarkable achievment.
  • Options
    Nibali looks strong - at the moment it's his to lose, Sky sent Uran ahead to make Nibali chase him, that tactic backfired. Nibali held on and stetched his lead and looked good in the TT, I can't see how Wiggins is going to make up the two minutes or so that he's behind.
  • Options
    Add to that there's only one short TT stage left of just over 20kms where Wiggins may take 20-30 seconds back if he flys and it doesn't look good does it?
  • Options
    The answer is David Harmon Red, he'll be back on for the Tour.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's over for Wiggins now, dropped at the moment on a flat stage with 13 km left to go and 2 minutes down on the peloton. He looks absolutely shattered and ill.
  • Options
    Great finish by Cav - 100th victory.

Wiggins won't win this race now.
  • Options
    Typical, the one time I get to sit down and try watch a stage there's no coverage. To be fair though, there has been snow dotting around at the finish. Must be a horrible day to be out there.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Typical, the one time I get to sit down and try watch a stage there's no coverage. To be fair though, there has been snow dotting around at the finish. Must be a horrible day to be out there.

Same here! Had my whole day planned round it. Love watching GC riders attack each other in the mountains as well so really disappointed.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

RedPanda said:

Same here! Had my whole day planned round it. Love watching GC riders attack each other in the mountains as well so really disappointed.

Get over it