Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    I expect that they will make the play offs next season as well.
  • Options
    Bit like the Mancini thing at Man City on a lesser scale of course. Hugely underachieving and I can't see the manager lasting. Leicester are not that good.
  • Options
    Bit like Cardiff really...spending "big" in the hope they go up at some point.
  • Options
    Congratulations Super_horns
  • Options
    Well, if they decide to replace Pearson, I just hope they don't come sniffing in our direction...............
  • Options
    Pearson is an absolute cert to depart. 100% nailed on.

With their financial muscle there is absolutely no excuse for not going up
  • Options
    It seems like their owners are rich but might not necessarily have the pockets deep enough to keep funding this. If you are going to buy a football club and throw money at it hand over fist to get promotion you need to be worth more than they are.
  • Options
    I am sorry that they didn't make the play-off final. They play decent football but, more to the point and with apologies to Super_horns, I really don't like the way Watford have resorted to diving and cheating this season. That sort of nonsense should not get it's reward.I just hope they are facing Brighton in the final as I would hate either Palace or Watford to go up.
  • Options
    Hopefully O'Neill will be in the frame or even another ex player Neil Lennon who might want to escape the sectarianism and uncompetitive nature of Celtic.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Hopefully O'Neill will be in the frame or even another ex player Neil Lennon who might want to escape the sectarianism and uncompetitive nature of Celtic.

Escape it? The prick revels in it. Really don't want to see him down here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Financial Fair Play rules dictate that unless Leicester (and a few other clubs) get their losses under control then they will be locked out of the transfer market in 18 months. Read Trust News for more details. The only way to escape this is to get promoted and then the club pays penalties out of the Sky money.

Can Leicester owners afford to keep going - no idea?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

With no real competition in Scotland and none likely to trouble him for a couple more years he'll have to come down south at some point soon if only to get a fresh challenge. The recent record of Old Firm managers in the English leagues is not that good though.

However he did much better than expected in the CL this season.
  • Options
    Seem to be getting lots of iffy marketing links in this thread...
  • Options

Financial Fair Play rules dictate that unless Leicester (and a few other clubs) get their losses under control then they will be locked out of the transfer market in 18 months. Read Trust News for more details. The only way to escape this is to get promoted and then the club pays penalties out of the Sky money.

Yes, Leicester's owners are mega-rich and can probably circumnavigate some of the fair play rules by increasing the amounts they are paying for both shirt and stadium sponsorship.
  • Options
    The new and improved Derby County .. serial underachievers
  • Options

If they lost £30m in 2011-12 then there's not much hope of them getting that under control in 18 months unless they sell half their team because they carried on spending this season. Reports that they're paying Chris Wood about 15-20k a week aren't going to help them get their debt under control either.
  • Options

Yes, Leicester's owners are mega-rich and can probably circumnavigate some of the fair play rules by increasing the amounts they are paying for both shirt and stadium sponsorship.
    But, are they ? I read a report from a Leicester newspaper which said they had pumped half of their financial worth into the club, and were getting to that point of no return when they could well just turn their back on it rather than run the risk of losing the other half.
  • Options
    One of the rare instances where I would agree with a manager being sacked.
  • Options
    Wiki says their owner is 'only' worth $180m, so he's hardly on the Russian/Arab scale of things
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was sitting in a bar in Spain with 19 others watching this i think everyone cheered when this one went in.
  • Options

Was sitting in a bar in Spain with 19 others watching this i think everyone cheered when this one went in.

Surely you cant want the fifteen loanees to go up?
  • Options

If they lost £30m in 2011-12 then there's not much hope of them getting that under control in 18 months unless they sell half their team because they carried on spending this season. Reports that they're paying Chris Wood about 15-20k a week aren't going to help them get their debt under control either.
    Let's see what happens close season with the squads of the Championship clubs losing >£10M a year this summer. Will there be many players let go in the same way that CAFC have let Fuller and BWP leave? Will they sign anyone at all? Or perhaps they will try to do a QPR from 2 years back and buy promotion to escape the Championship FFP regs?

The whole mix of FFP, Academy rules, loans and parachute payment increases are going to change the rules and the odds - so many shifts in one go may not have the intended consequences? I expect the Trust will look to get peoples opinions, observe what happens to clubs and make sure to explain all of the detail - I've looked at finances but still don't understand how (why?) we play Chelsea in the youth cup and they sneak one of our players out in their coach?!

• Options
    That video is brilliant looool
  • Options

Wiki says their owner is 'only' worth $180m, so he's hardly on the Russian/Arab scale of things

$240m on the Forbes rich list. Yes, not as much as I thought. They are an extremely influential family within Thailand, hence their business has an absolute monopoly at all Government operated airports here.

So, I think my initial statement may well be wrong.

Now if the CP, Red Bull or Chang families got involved............... Now, there's some serious money!
  • Options
    It seems the family that own Leicester City are doing rather nicely. According to the Bangkok Post this morning:

'Among the tycoons from Thailand’s 50 richest who benefited from the uptick in tourism was Vichai "King Power" Srivaddhanaprabha, whose duty-free airport stores and retail shops are bustling, with group sales up 35% in 2012. He was the year’s top gainer, jumping to No. 11 on the rich list from No. 37 in 2011, with wealth of $1.6 billion. '

Feel bad now as I bought a bottle or two from their shop on the way out to Phnom Penh on Monday.