Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

HMS Illustrious - Greenwich

Anyone been down there to have a look at it whilst its been parked up in Greenwich these past few days? And did anyone manage to get on it?

I took the family down there earlier today and the queues were horrific, so went for a pub lunch and walk in the park instead. Managed to get stung a tenner for two ice creams and a milkshake but still love Greenwich Park.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I never knew it was there, is it staying or will they move it back down the river at a later date?
  • Options
    Loco said:

I never knew it was there, is it staying or will they move it back down the river at a later date?

leaving Monday I think.
  • Options
    Back to Portsmouth i believe. You will be able to see if later this year there - also along with the new Mary Rose museum (which is stunning) which is due to open end of this month.
  • Options
    Saw it on Saturday as we got a clipper home from London Bridge - Massive. Saw a helicopter take off from it. brill stuff. made HMS Belfast look like a dingy.
  • Options
    They all piled off when it arrived and were all desperate to know.....where the nearest McDonalds was...
  • Options

Loco said:

leaving Monday I think.
    Oh pants, what time, have I missed it?
  • Options
    Loco said:

Loco said:

leaving Monday I think.
    Oh pants, what time, have I missed it?
    Cancelled due to high winds!

• Options
    Leaves at 4am.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When you look at this picture it's no wonder its being scrapped !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USS_John_C._Stennis_(CVN-74)_&_HMS_Illustrious_(R_06).jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so it's either getting out at 4am or 4pm, wind dependant, if the choice is waiting or hitting the barrier, it waits