Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

chris hulme and ex wife let out after 2 months of sentence.

lenient or not

Comments

• Options
    Both on a tag though.
    It would be interesting to see what the usual tariff of time served is for these offences.
  • Options
    as i predicted nearly, standard for most non violent crimes
  • Options
    Wonder how many votes would be won by a party that promised to make prison sentences do what they say on the tin? If you get 4 years, you're inside for 4 years. If you don't get life you die inside etc.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Wonder how many votes would be won by a party that promised to make prison sentences do what they say on the tin? If you get 4 years, you're inside for 4 years. If you don't get life you die inside etc.

But if you did that, the Huhnes would just be sentenced to 2 months instead.

2 months is quite enough anyway, they're both professionally ruined and are hardly a threat to society.
  • Options
    Prison is not the correct place for this type of offense. They are of no danger to society so why place them in a position that could cloud their judgement of society? Any crime needs punishment, but in only those crimes whereby SOCIETY will benefit from the individual being locked away should a custodial sentence be issued in my opinion.

For them, a hefty fine and driving bans for BOTH of them should be given, I am sure that prison in these cases does more harm than good.
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Be a brave party that promised that.
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Prison is not the correct place for this type of offense. They are of no danger to society so why place them in a position that could cloud their judgement of society? Any crime needs punishment, but in only those crimes whereby SOCIETY will benefit from the individual being locked away should a custodial sentence be issued in my opinion.

For them, a hefty fine and driving bans for BOTH of them should be given, I am sure that prison in these cases does more harm than good.

Agree for the original driving offence, but the court system takes a very dim view of perverting the course of justice, for obvious reasons. There has to be a strong deterrent to prevent people lying to the police/courts.
  • Options

Rizzo said:

But if you did that, the Huhnes would just be sentenced to 2 months instead.

2 months is quite enough anyway, they're both professionally ruined and are hardly a threat to society.
    You don't think they'll both be in (well) paid employment by the turn of the year then? She's already writing a book!

• Options
    Didn't do Archer and that other couple, who's name escapes me at the moment, any harm.
  • Options
    The Hamiltons. That is their name.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree about the perjury bit, but lying about a motoring offense isn't in the same league as lying about a murder if you get my drift.
  • Options
    They'll both be back in good jobs soon, but probably discreetly. Lord Taylor of Warwick who was banged up for claiming parliamentary allowances for non-existent homes was on the radio this a.m., pontificating about the futility of jailing people 'who contribute to society' .. mush, all you lot contribute to is your own retirement funds
  • Options

They'll both be back in good jobs soon, but probably discreetly. Lord Taylor of Warwick who was banged up for claiming parliamentary allowances for non-existent homes was on the radio this a.m., pontificating about the futility of jailing people 'who contribute to society' .. mush, all you lot contribute to is your own retirement funds

Just another case of upper classes thinkig they are above the law.
  • Options
    Very substantial restorative justice / community service wd prob be more effective.
  • Options
    Book deals and a BBC drama will be next on their agenda, arranged by their respective agents and publicists.
  • Options
    They tried to fiddle the system and got caught.They should be treated like other similar offenders. Of course none of us here have ever done a fiddle like paying/accepting cash to avoid tax situations.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    seth plum said:

They tried to fiddle the system and got caught.They should be treated like other similar offenders. Of course none of us here have ever done a fiddle like paying/accepting cash to avoid tax situations.

Perish the thought !! ... but if it's one of us working or benefit drawing types who get nicked, we are regarded by the 'upper/chattering classes' as scum of the earth, whereas if Lord Snooty or the Right Hon Fat Twat MP is caught at it, it's just a jolly little jape and not to be taken too seriously.
  • Options
    Lincs you're right there, they have Raffles the gentleman thief, we have scumbag blaggers.