Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sacking a winning manager

Last season 2011/2012, winners of the Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup, Premier league, and all 3 football league trophies. How many of these winning managers have been sacked since their triumph?

Comments

• Options
    All apart from Powell?
  • Options
    Rust never sleeps .. is this relevant ?
  • Options
    Who won league 2
  • Options
    Yep, all apart from Powell. Di Matteo, Dalglish, Mancini, McDermott, Di Canio all sacked. The price of success!
  • Options
    Swindon won league 2, I think (hope).
  • Options

You're right but he walked.
  • Options
    Thanks, I think he did.
  • Options
    Powell won't be far behind
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Powell won't be far behind

Ha ha
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Benfica sacked Bela Guttmann after winning their second European cup in 1962. When he left he said the club would never again win a European trophy. Last night was their seventh defeat in a final since then...
  • Options
    perhaps ol Bela was a warlock
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers

Powell is 19th on this list, and will rise to 17th once Fergie and Moyes move on. I'd be surprised is he wasn't in the top 15 by the start of the next season!
  • Options
    With Poyet going, it'll be 16th!
  • Options
    Know you have the right man then back him through thick and thin. That's the secret. I think we know we have the right man.
  • Options

Benfica sacked Bela Guttmann after winning their second European cup in 1962. When he left he said the club would never again win a European trophy. Last night was their seventh defeat in a final since then...

Also didn't Real Madrid sack their manager straight after he won the european cup ( a german whose name I can not recall).

• Options
    edited May 2013

Also didn't Real Madrid sack their manager straight after he won the european cup ( a german whose name I can not recall).

Didn't Real Madrid sack Fabio Cappello after they had won La Liga one year?

• Options
    the only way to keep your job in football is by managing Arsenal.
  • Options

Yes it was Jupp Heynckes the current Bayern Manager, won the Europena Cup but was sacked because Barcelona won the league.
  • Options
    RZA said:

the only way to keep your job in football is by managing Arsenal.

Very good point.