Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parallel with Brighton & Hove Albion

Other than the obvious mutual dislike of Crystal Palace, there is another very interesting similarity between ourselves and Brighton, in the past few league positions.

Brighton's finishing position:
2009-10: 13th League One
2010-11: 1st League One
2011-12: 10th Championship
2012-13: 4th Championship

Charlton's finishing position:
2010-11: 13th League One
2011-12: 1st League One
2012-13: 9th Championship

Hopefully this trend continues next season, but with a happier ending than Brighton have experienced.

Comments

• Options
    I noticed this earlier reading the BBC article about Poyet today... I suppose the obvious issue is they've had a lot of investment and 25k crowds to steer the transition from 10th to 4th.

Looks like we're going to have to do it through sheer hard work / wheeling and dealing / luck

As you say, let's hope the pattern continues...
  • Options
    That's exactly where I noticed it too. Yes, looks like it's going to be tougher for us than it was for them, but the strong end to this season demonstrates that we're definitely competent in this league.
  • Options
    Yer first season with Poyet brighton finished lower reaches of league one similair to Powells. Second both won the league 1, then their first in charge of championship finish 9 th and 10th respectively. So Addicks for 4th next year anyone?
  • Options
    we'll be holding hands next.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Speak for yourself.

• Options
    Macronate said:

Well, if you were part of the clique, you'd realise that many already do............... ;-)
  • Options
    In Swanseas first season up they finished 8th. for Millwall like us it was 9th. Are we more likely to follow the Millwall or the Swansea trajectory from now on (Swansea went up the following season, Millwall finished 16th)?
  • Options
    seth plum said:

In Swanseas first season up they finished 8th. for Millwall like us it was 9th. Are we more likely to follow the Millwall or the Swansea trajectory from now on (Swansea went up the following season, Millwall finished 16th)?

Obviously we'll have a better idea at the end of August, but I'm going to be optimistic and somewhere between the two.

• Options

I noticed this earlier reading the BBC article about Poyet today... I suppose the obvious issue is they've had a lot of investment and 25k crowds to steer the transition from 10th to 4th.

Looks like we're going to have to do it through sheer hard work / wheeling and dealing / luck

As you say, let's hope the pattern continues...

I would take that league position because the last team who finished 4th in the CCC and got promoted was .......Charlton in 1998.

This also coincided with a Palace relegation from the Prem. They do have a record to maintain.

• Options
    Did Brighton get 100 points? Thought not. No comparison.

(Mind you, I'll settle for fourth next season)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As we have gone one better by coming 9th, i would like to go one better next season by beating the Nigels in the playoffs.